Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Belle, aka "Little Bit" (Photo intensive)
 LoupGarou
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/20/2014 8:47:27 PM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post   

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Here are some pictures of my smallest Toy Fox Terrier, "Little Bit," soon to be officially known as "Belle." She almost weighs four pounds--just getting there has been a struggle for her. Little Bit was born around five days early, along with her two litter sisters, who did not make it. She was the largest, but did not fill the palm of my hand, nor did she move the scale when I went to measure her. She weighed 1.5 pounds at the age of 12 weeks.Until the end of the summer, when she started to gain weight and height fairly rapidly, I had no idea whether she'd be alive in the morning when I woke up.

As you can see, Belle is a happy little girl and is undergoing some "obedience" training. Her Obedience classes are more like socialization classes, since I kept her insie and away from all other people and dogs until she was about six months old. She has managed to learn to sit and have a basic recall in public, even though she's still wildly excited about seeing all kinds of new things. Eventually, I'd like to do Rally obedience and maybe Teacup Agility with her (since I doubt she'd manage to drop the teeter in regular agility without holding her breath and jumping forcibly up and down on the end of the board). Little Bit is completely unrelated to Beau--she is the first puppy I've raised that not only is not related to him but also has never known him. My heart still breaks over that.

Anyway, unless Belle closes in on five pounds, she's going to be spayed and will eventually go live with her co-owner in Virginia. Right now, though, she's mine, all mine, and I'm loving every minute of it!

Typical View of Belle on a Leash Yeah. What can I say?

Learning Down, Sort Of Yep. More of the same. Madness! LOL

Barking at Thunder Because everyone knows that Bell is bigger than that mean old thunder!

Ready for Take-Off She has been seated for about three seconds--far too long.

Natural Stack Can't ask for much more than this. Now if she can just do that in the show ring . . .

Same Pose, Three Weeks Later Looks as if her topline is holding up pretty well to me, despite approaching adolescent uglies.

Sitting at Front She's not stressed, she's a bit hot. We start obedience class at 9:30 a.m., but in Louisiana in the summer, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Plenty of water and plenty of shade nearby, though.

Belle Butt It seems the appropriate way to "end" our photo array. wink ;)

-----
Last edited by LoupGarou on 9/20/2014 9:02:09 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2014 1:56:04 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What a cutie!
 sngpugs
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2014 8:45:30 AM reply with quote send message to sngpugs Object to Post

So cute and looks so baaad.wink ;)
What is it about small dogs that they have to take on the big noise makers?? Thunder, noisy mufflers, fireworks my Pugs all want to attack. Someone creeping into the house? Earthquake? Sleep through it. sad :(
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2014 9:19:23 AM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

She is definitely Bad. We drive about an hour to obedience class and she does not know how to settle down in the car. I give her a toy to play with in her crate, something to chew, and then deliberately position a soft toy within paw's reach outside the wire crate. Before we reach class, she will have it dragged inside the crate and will be chewing on it or tossing it around. I made the mistake of stopping for breakfast on the way on one occasion, and leaving a couple of napkins where she could reach them. LOL Snow storm!

Despite her energy and her belief that she's the toughest thing going, she's very sweet and loving. I can't tell you the number of people who have threatened to steal her away!
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/21/2014 6:40:56 PM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Very cute! I love to see that terrier spunk- no matter how small the dog!
 Delias Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2014 7:07:14 AM reply with quote send message to Delias Kennel Object to Post

I love TFTs I own one myself and when we got her she was a whopping 3.5 lbs at a yr and a half old. We "fattened" her up to 5 lbs and that's were she's been ever since. happy :) glad to her she is doing well with her obedience mine can't sit still long enough for anything lol.

Delias Kennel

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler