Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Creating starter dogs
 swale
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/21/2014 9:56:17 PM reply with quote send message to swale Object to Post   

Okay, how in the world do you create starter dogs? I didn't try to create any when I began playing, and now that I want a couple, I can't figure out how in the world to get them. The help section was of absolutely NO assistance. I looked on every page I can think of and am coming up blank. What's the big secret?
 Castellan
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2014 10:54:46 PM reply with quote send message to Castellan Object to Post

Pixie Rose
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2014 2:14:21 AM reply with quote send message to Pixie Rose Object to Post

I'd imagine that as you are at your limit, it probably won't allow you to create them.

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=46
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 7:57:36 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

Since this is up here under this heading I'll ask my question here..
It's too late now but when I created my source dogs I had the option to make their quality low up to very high.
As with many Simulation games this option would come with a price I would only find out later I stayed humble and only after a few dogs dared to request 2 of them be "High" quality, still not daring to go for the "Highest" (not certain what the terms exactly were, forgive me).
Does anyone know how or if the game penalizes you if you just select that every starter dog be of the highest quality? Or did I just shoot myself in the foot picking very plain pups? I love them anyway but ...
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/9/2014 11:07:50 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

It's been a long time but I think you just wind up with mid range dogs across the board.

Actually, I'm not sure selecting high makes much difference anyway.

Anyone with a different view?
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 1:06:24 PM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

The two dogs that I dared to click "high" have higher SOP by over 10. I don't know what I would have got if I'd clicked the highest.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 11:18:47 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

From what I understand, there's a 'set' amount of quality to be distributed. If you select one or two at the high or highest then they will be significantly better. If you select them all at highest, they'll be roughly the same.
For example, you have 100% to distribute between 4 dogs. You select highest for all, they all get 25%. I you select highest for one and low for the others the highest will get 55%, and the other 3 will get 15% each. Does that make sense? These numbers/% have nothing to do with the game- just a way to explain it.
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2014 8:24:08 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

Yep, that's the "checks and balance" system we all know and love and it makes total sense. Thank you!
 Odessas
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2014 1:49:03 AM reply with quote send message to Odessas Object to Post

can i ask another starter dog quistion. I have returned to the game. but had started back with a new kennel name account seince then i have gotten a family account. now wanting to create starters in them that have been offered, if the accounts that i have joined to my family account were from my old kennels will i still be offered starters and when i have clicked make starters a blank page comes up. thank you for your replys
 Langland
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2014 5:32:59 PM reply with quote send message to Langland Object to Post

If I choose to buy dogs now, but save my starter dogs to create for when I upgrade my kennel to premium, will that option to create starters still be there? Or is this an "either or" thing that I have to decide on right now?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2014 12:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

If you don't use your starters when you first sign up as a Basic they will still be there if/when you upgrade, plus you get some more, another two I think but I'm not sure. So yeah, you can save your starters for later.

I've had a few available for years although most were used by 'pre-order' to sell to others who needed them for colour projects or whatever.
 Langland
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2014 7:13:17 PM reply with quote send message to Langland Object to Post

Ok, thanks for the reply! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class