Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Low SS popping up?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/23/2014 4:34:35 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post   

Ive played this game for well over 7 years and I seriously think there is a 'trend' or 'wave' of low SS pups being born every now and then.

I just FH'd an entire litter due to low SS ... I checked both parents pedigree's and the ONYLY low SS that existed between them was the sire's 19.9 ... (which I wouldn't even call low!) ...

Very frustrating!
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2014 4:57:39 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I would think you'd have to take into account more than one generation back, as well as siblings of the parents to get the full picture.
In a few of my kennels, I wont keep or breed anything below a 20 SS, and I still have a few pups in each litter with low SS, it's just one of those things we can't avoid..
 sngpugs
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2014 6:37:39 PM reply with quote send message to sngpugs Object to Post

Well I am still getting my feet wet with this "new" SOP as I left before Jeff brought it in. I haven't done many breedings yet but a few were a lot lower because of low SS than I would have thought. And yes, I did check out ALL gen's showing in both ped's.
IN RL breeding I usually tend to go by the grandparents and their siblings.
However, I am thinking here the COI seems to have a lot to do with it to as I have been breeding away from it to get some diversity.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 7:30:46 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Astoria - I checked ALL the dogs in both parents pedigree's (as in the dam's parents, grand parents and great grand parents) as well as the sires.

Rij

Chaos and Havoc
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 6:05:09 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Just had two litters with SS under 18. Very strange.
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 9:49:18 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

I've had this same problem too, especially when breeding partners with both excellent stats only to FH an entire litter... I wonder if its a glitch or maybe a new calculation formula since I've returned ? (I used to play back in 08 and a lot has changed since then XD )

Lindsey
 Small Dog Grove
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 9:59:14 PM reply with quote send message to Small Dog Grove Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I thought it was just me. LOL I kept a boy with 18ss because he has great stats otherwise. I think I fh'd three other pups from his litter because of SS in the 17's. I'm hoping he'll be a nice producer even if he won't be a show-stopper.

-----
Last edited by Small Dog Grove on 9/24/2014 10:00:41 PM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing