Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : On the hunt...
 . Legends.
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/23/2014 9:58:12 PM reply with quote send message to . Legends. Object to Post   

So, one of my breeds just isn't working. It's not captivating me or motivating my dedication. Therfore, I am once again searching for a new breed. My criteria is simple really, have a look;

*Readily available sales.
*Absolutely no absurd stud fees.
*Friendly breeders.
*Open to all; popular and less popular.
*Not into color breeding so, not a big deal.
*At least two other active kennels.
*No "it takes ages to obedience train" breeds.

So, that said, throw out what suggestions you have. I am definitely partial to larger or medium breeds, but will entertain something small also.

Thank'ya. happy :)

King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/23/2014 10:20:51 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

am staffs seem like they might fit your criteria.
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2014 11:02:12 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

Azawakhs could use you!

SOPs recently broke ninety. I think the top SOP is 90.5 or something around there.

There are 2 large scale breeders plus a few smaller ones. There are enough dogs being shown that majors aren't too hard to come by and we get the occasional group placement.

There are usually a few dogs for sale and I am always willing to give a few bitches to people looking to get into the breed. Stud prices are also low. $50 is pretty much the max and $25 isn't uncommon.

We would really love to see you give us a try!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2014 11:40:14 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

*Readily available sales.
We currently have 20 for sale, with plenty show quality dogs included.
*Absolutely no absurd stud fees.
Highest fees are $100 but are as low as $25. There are currently 18 dogs for stud.
*Friendly breeders.
We have an updates forum, but we mainly talk about anything we want. We are happy to help in any way we can.
We get group and BiS placings, with some group placements. happy :)
Only one color, so no worries about bringing back colors. laugh :D
I think we are at 6-7 active kennels.
They are at all 20s around 20 days old, if trained from day one. Sorry I cannot remember an exact age.

The breed is Gordon Setters. They are the reason I became a premie again. happy :)

Best of luck with your search!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 1:49:56 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Come take a look at Keeshonds!

posted by . Legends.
So, one of my breeds just isn't working. It's not captivating me or motivating my dedication. Therfore, I am once again searching for a new breed. My criteria is simple really, have a look;

*Readily available sales. -
*Absolutely no absurd stud fees. -
*Friendly breeders. -

So, that said, throw out what suggestions you have. I am definitely partial to larger or medium breeds, but will entertain something small also.

Thank'ya. happy :)

at this exact moment, there's not a ton of puppys available for public sale,but any of us breeders would be happy to get you started.

Only a handful of studs are even $100

Come look at our forum, it speaks for itself. We're friendly and chatty and active.

- We only have 3 colors and all are pretty well represented.

- At last count, there were 8 of us

- No, I havent dabbled much in other breeds, but I think we're average.

- we're pretty medium all the way around!

-----
Last edited by Gypsy Wind Kennels on 9/24/2014 1:51:29 PM
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 1:52:25 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I should also mention that Keeshonds have won quite a few BiGs lately, not bad! Many of our nightly shows have about 5-7 entries, and a recent specialty had 30!
 Black Rhapsody
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 2:49:42 PM reply with quote send message to Black Rhapsody Object to Post

Come look at German Pinschers!! laugh :D

I ALWAYS have pups listed for sale. Stud fees are typically 25-50. We have a nice group of breeders. This breed has been getting group placements. We have a few different colors, but no need to color breed as all colors are currently popping up in litters. Doesn't take too long to obedience train. I should mention our SOPs progress fast, and it's fun to see the progress in your litters so quickly!

I will be happy to supply you with dogs to get started!

Jessica
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2014 6:12:19 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Swedish vallhunds
 Breacan
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2014 6:51:01 PM reply with quote send message to Breacan Object to Post

I can help you in to Aussies, Tervs or GSD. All fit your criteria
 Peregrin
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/26/2014 11:46:21 AM reply with quote send message to Peregrin Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Welsh Springer Spaniels!!

We've got a very friendly albeit small group. There may not always be dogs for sale... but please just send me a note and I'd be more than happy to supply you with some good dogs!! And I'm sure the other breeders would be happy to help too.

Welshies are quick to train, medium size, super cute (with pics!), and stud fees are $25-$100. You can easily find a good stud for $50.

There's certainly no handler hogging! Sometimes major can be tough to find, but I'm always happy to enter whatever I've got to boost numbers. (And with a new breeder showing dogs I don't think majors would be a problem wink ;)) We get the odd group placement too!

-----
Last edited by Peregrin on 9/26/2014 11:46:37 AM
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2014 11:51:38 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

English Setters or collies would welcome more players.

Malamutes as well, they are busier and win BIS.

Pm me if you want more info...lol...you know why I'm too busy to type much now.

Summer
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2014 5:06:42 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

I second Keeshonds. Our breed could use a few more players, though our current breeders are very friendly and are doing a great job.

As mentioned by Gypsy Wind earlier, Keeshonds are quite competitive in group and take Best In Group's often happy :)

If you would like to join please PM me or post in the Keeshond forum (which is regularly posted in, by the way). I would be more than happy to help you with puppies/adults if I have dogs available.

Good luck happy :)

Analeyn
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2014 5:21:40 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

posted by Analeyn

If you would like to join please PM me or post in the Keeshond forum (which is regularly posted in, by the way). I would be more than happy to help you with puppies/adults if I have dogs available.

Good luck happy :)

Analeyn
I am also happy to help get you started if I can, if you're interested. And yes, our forum is one of the few active ones Ive seen!
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2014 9:32:21 AM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

How about Portuguese Pointers?

I always have plenty of pups for sale, both show and breeding quality, and always at $100.

The highest stud fees are $100, but I personally keep mine at $50 for champions and grand champions, and $25 for all others - and I have plenty of boys that sire wonderful puppies even though they themselves never did well in the showring.

We currently have seven active breeders, all of whom are friendly and helpful.

Show obedience reaches 20 by 23-24 days if sessioned from birth, but a good dog is finishable without maximum show obedience. I generally start showing mine once they get 18 for show obedience.

Finally, PP's are a medium sized breed, with good litter sizes.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.