.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Doris Turner announces retirement
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
9/30/2014 2:02:23 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

Doris Turner has decided to retire from judging after judging the October 2014 Border Terrier Nationals on 10/23/2014
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2014 10:57:11 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Nooooooooooo Doris!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2014 11:10:47 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Well looks like a lot of people aren't gonna be happy!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/30/2014 11:51:52 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Another owner handler judge bite the dust. sad :(
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2014 10:04:08 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Shattered sad :(

Lets hope more owner-handler judges are brought in!
 . Honor
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2014 2:03:02 AM reply with quote send message to . Honor  Object to Post

Neither Joseph Wilson and autumn fuller are owner handler judges. /:
 BlaqueHawk
Basic User

Basic User
10/4/2014 10:33:22 AM reply with quote send message to BlaqueHawk Object to Post

Dang it
 Cloudpointe Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2014 7:02:03 PM reply with quote send message to Cloudpointe Kennels Object to Post

Aw man sad :( She loved my Chessies...
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2014 10:37:00 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Since this retirement the judge buying has been revoked.

I'm hoping that to compensate for the much reduced appearance of owner-judges with the randomization, Admin will adjust the percentages to create a greater number of these judges.

Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2014 7:56:55 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

So.... you guys are unhappy when someone sponsors a ton of owner handler shows.... so you get Jeff to change the sponsor system.... now you get less owner handler judges... and now you want Jeff to change the system to create more of them in the randomized system.

Sorry but I have to chuckle a little.

Will
 . Honor
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2014 9:36:30 AM reply with quote send message to . Honor  Object to Post

My understand is that its a little more complicated than that. The number of judges who prefer handlers is much higher than owner handlers. However, the whole dang kit and kaboodle is complicated to me.

I could personally care less if a judge prefers owners or handlers. I also personally think that these "preference bios" are absolutely insane. Judge prefers handlers and is serious. Judge prefers handlers but isn't overt and so forth and so on. Why not make it simple? Either the judge LIKES handlers or he/she doesn't?

To give a judge year bogus descriptions doesn't change whether they like handler or don't. If they're not an owner handler judge, everyone is picking handlers off the top lists anyway, regardless how the judge "favors" them. It's all just annoying, complicated and, in m POV and experience, unnecessary and useless.

I wished that the judge bios just hadn't be added at all. Leave it to preferred traits and then leave it alone. Too much headache for too little user base right now. JM2C.

-Four

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.