Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Putting pictures in a posting
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/6/2014 3:51:24 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

Every time I try to post an image I run into problems, so for those similarely stumped:

1. Type "img" within square brackets "[ i m g ] (no spaces)".

2. Add "HTTP" then a colon ":"

3. Add a double slash "//"

4. Add the link to your picture.

5 Wrap that all up with a "/img" enclosed in square brackets "[ / i m g ] (no spaces)"

The problem is that the HTTP part keeps getting stripped out so none of the notes or instructions I had included it.

Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 8:32:45 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

Do you have any other learned knowledge about posting pics? Such as the best sources? I've tried Photobucket and Google Images with no luck. Also Photobucket gives you the great copy and place options but would you use direct for this site such as for the dogs pictures? I don't use tinypic but if anyone knows a thing or two about that it would be really handy.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/9/2014 11:18:01 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I've only used my own photos and some "doctored" versions of the SD default photos which I did check with Jeff about the altering first.

Many folks use PhotoBucket but I think that is just a place to save your photos, I don't know if they have a set of non-protected images for anyone to use but I could be wrong about that.

As far a sourcing the images if they are not your own, make sure you are using non-copyrighted material or that you have the permission of the copyright owner to use the image. This is very important!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 11:28:21 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

In the banner making forum there is a safe pictures to use post. happy :)

ETA: www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=220444

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 10/9/2014 11:29:44 AM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.