Search

.com Forum · Hound Breeds

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Saluki Activity
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/7/2014 9:26:05 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post   

In the newbie forum I was directed to look for activity in the breed forum- but there sure isn't much! So, here is my little post, looking for active Saluki players. I'm new to this game but I'm a 40 year old woman with a horrible computer simulation game addiction so if anyone wants to be a voice in the "Saluki Community" please step up with me and say "Hi!"
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2014 3:13:28 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I started a Gordon Setter updates thread, and to let everyone know, I PM'd them the link, so they were aware. Might be worth a shot. happy :)
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 7:51:47 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

Thank you for the advice. I PM'd all 8 of the known Saluki breeders when I started the game requesting to buy dogs or pups and it took a while for 2 of them to get responsive but they came around. 2 of the others were downright rude so....
If I build it they will come, right? I'll just run this thread like every Saluki breeder on the game is looking for just this place and I'll keep on building it!
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2014 7:53:20 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

I have posted some sweet little Source puppies for sale. Any looking to bring down their COI% ?
They are at $100 since that is default game lowest but as the economy on the game is currently very low all offers will be accepted.
 Mirage Saluki
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2014 10:25:27 AM reply with quote send message to Mirage Saluki Object to Post

posted by Midway Mutts
Thank you for the advice. I PM'd all 8 of the known Saluki breeders when I started the game requesting to buy dogs or pups and it took a while for 2 of them to get responsive but they came around. 2 of the others were downright rude so....
If I build it they will come, right? I'll just run this thread like every Saluki breeder on the game is looking for just this place and I'll keep on building it!

Hi. Just wondering what eight kennels you PM'd because I wasn't one of them lol. Even more intriguing is that two were downright rude ... who were these?
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2014 12:07:04 PM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

I don't know how to find the breeders except through studs and maybe some of them didn't count as breeders? The game says there are 9 including me but I've never seen your name before so that is awesome!
I don't want to point fingers at who was rude, when conversations are had through typing it's easy to misinterpret so when I get a message that offends I just try to end communication with that person as we obviously don't see eye to eye. It doesn't mean they are bad people and I don't want to gossip. I'll shoot you a copy of one of the messages I got if I can find it and you can judge for yourself.
Still, nice to meet you, can't wait to check out your kennel!!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2014 9:07:36 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

posted by Midway Mutts
I don't know how to find the breeders except through studs
Alright Midway. Here's the best way. Open one of your dogs pages to look at them. Under breed, there will be a link for "Saluki". Click that and it will take you to the breed page. On the right hand side, under all the colors will be a box with some more links - the first one will be "breed directory". Thats the one you want. It'll give you a list of each active player with Salukis, how many they have and the last time they logged in. happy :) Hope that helps!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2014 9:09:06 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Im counting about 20 breeders right now. About 3/4s of them with a substantial amount of dogs.
 Valiente
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2014 11:49:37 PM reply with quote send message to Valiente Object to Post

I've just returned to the game after a break, I will have some puppies to choose from tomorrow
 Midway Mutts
Basic User

Basic User
12/22/2014 10:39:22 AM reply with quote send message to Midway Mutts Object to Post

Thank you so much for the tip about how to find Saluki breeders! I'm still getting used to the game and didn't check back to the forum for far too long.
I'm focusing on Chocolate Salukis and I think I've got a handle on things so that I can train 2-3 while showing 2-3 and still have income. Still watching out for the elusive Chocolate bitches with good SOP...

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.