Search

.com Forum · Weimaraner

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : Starting back in Weims
 Great Greys
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/9/2014 11:40:43 PM reply with quote send message to Great Greys Object to Post   

Hello everyone!

It has been a very long time. We don't seem to have progressed very far and the gene pool is much smaller now. I actually have Weims in RL. A little about myself … When I play on Show Dog, I have the same objectives as in real breeding. Great structure, great temperament and dogs that are equally suited to and at home in the show ring, the bird field, obedience and agility - have to give a nod to Nosework too ( I have a youngish, "special needs" dog [who contrary to most Weims, is not the sharpest tool in the shed], that just glows with happiness when he finds the odour source.

For the moment, I think we need to focus on structure. To that end I am more than happy to work with anyone who wants to advance the SD Weims. I purchased a puppy bitch that I've started to session and I've entered her in shows long before she is actually ready, basically so the numbers are increased to help generate points.

Lets get active so that we can work towards 10's and produce great results. I want to see a Weim actually take a BIS on Show Dog. I was part of the "on a shoestring" team that made that happen in RL (at least in Canada - although we didn't do too bad at the US National Specialty back in the early 2000's either).

Happy to be back and eager to get to know all of you.

Cheers,

Great Greys

Replies in this thread : 0

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler