Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Sessioning young dogs
 Atriana
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/13/2014 1:31:14 AM reply with quote send message to Atriana Object to Post   

Hi, can somebody tell me if there is a way to session puppies anymore? I'm sure you used to be able to session puppies from about 10 days old. I'm busy sessioning at the minute, but they're going to be over 30 days old before I can show them because I couldn't start sessioning till day 14 and they're taking forever!

Thanks
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2014 1:50:28 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Puppies settle as soon as they're born now, so you can begin sessioning them once they're born, and get them on custom rations. I know my Gordons are at all 20s around 18-20 days, if they are sessioned from the get go. My Malamutes, on the other hand, are at 20 for training around 30-35 days, of sessioned from the beginning.

I hope this answers your question!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/13/2014 12:32:27 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

You have to session them from their individual pages once before they show up in the 'Sessions' page (link on the left).

I put a call name "Session" on the best ones with the first pass through each new litter so they stand out on subsequent passes.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.