Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Run Down onhow every thing works
 Drakon Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/14/2014 3:49:37 AM reply with quote send message to Drakon Kennels Object to Post   

New to this site, and iv read the help info but im still lost. i figured out basics and some settings but can figure out how to exercise.says to go to dogs main page and click exercise button but nothing.so just looking for some one to explaig every thing and were things are would be great.
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2014 4:34:58 PM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

You have to have 'sessions' available to exercise your dogs. Check under 'My Account' then salary/session settings. It could be that your account is getting 15x salary, 0 sessions.
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2014 4:36:48 PM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

Also, your puppies need to be on puppy rations, and I would create my own if you haven't already. The rations that they are on are for adult dogs (they become adults at 14 days old), so they will continue to lose condition.
 Totally Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/25/2014 7:12:04 PM reply with quote send message to Totally Terriers Object to Post

Welcome to the game!!

My first thoughts looking at what you have:

I wouldn't waste sessions on Starter dogs, those are for people wanting to create their own lines or bring back rare colours. the unpopular breeds yeah you can get points on starters showing against yourself but you have Dobermans.

To save money, Boys don't need a 20 condition unless you are showing, pet house for adults is good enough.

Girls ideally you want at 20 because their condition reflects on their litters' condition at birth.
Healthy moms = healthy babies happy :)

as a Standard kennel you can create special food for your showable ones, it can be costly but worth it since they session faster.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2014 10:18:00 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Seconding what has been said, in addition:
I would figure out what breed you're interested in and message a few breeders about purchasing pups if there aren't many for sale to choose from. Those breeders will also be able to tell you at what SOP is able to become a Champion.

Creating rations is the way to go, I put females that will be bred but not shown on a 1171 ration, all ingredients at the lowest setting (1) except fat at the highest (7) which will raise their condition only to 20 over time. Once at 20 condition, move to Pet House for Adult Dogs to maintain condition. All males that aren't shown go onto the cheapest food possible as their condition will not matter. For males and females that are going to be shown I do a 1777 ration, with only medicines at the lowest setting and all others at highest. This will help raise all aspects expect show obedience which is raised by sessions only. Each day you get a certain number of sessions (12 if you switch to all sessions, no salary) to use to Train, Exercise, and Groom the dogs. Only do this if they will be shown. There's a sessions page or you can do it from an individual dog's page as well.

Only enter in one show per night, pay attention to whether the judge prefers owner-handlers or handlers, if it says 'not very political', 'somewhat political', or 'prefers handlers' (basically anything except prefers to see the owner of the dog handling) then you will want to assign a handler to your dog for a better chance to win, this is done from your Entries page.

If you have more specific questions we are happy to help!!!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.