Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : A small brag from our Nationals....Photo Heavy!!
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/16/2014 3:47:17 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post   

I was gone all last week at the GWPCA National Specialty and have some good (but not great) news to share happy :)
This was Callie's fourth set of shows, prior she was entered in last year's Nationals at 6 months and 2 days for 2 days of showing, and a single day specialty in July.
Two weekends ago we went to a small local show and picked up 4 points - 2 each day, and then on to our Nationals!

Saturday she won the Senior Bitch class in our futurity!! as well as 3rd place in the Open Bitch class.
Sunday she won 2nd place in the Open Bitch class.
Monday she got her first Junior Hunter leg as well as passing the water test!!

I'm very proud of my girl, she did a great job in the ring and the field - I love that this breed can do it all!!

And this is my miniature wirehaired dachshund, Eli - he was trying to be a hunting dog, too wink ;)

Eli and Lacey

Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
10/16/2014 7:22:38 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Congratulations!! LOVE the retrieving pictures and your mini-weiner happy :)
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2014 9:55:48 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Thanks happy :)
The little dogs were just along for the ride - but they had a great time exploring the state park we were in too!!
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/17/2014 10:09:03 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Congrats, she's lovely! So fun to watch the German Pointers at work.
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2014 6:17:47 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

Such a gorgeous girl! Congrats, love seeing a dog at work!
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2014 9:33:41 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 10/18/2014 9:33:57 PM
 cnspots
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2014 8:14:53 AM reply with quote send message to cnspots Object to Post

Hey, it's a small world! .. My daughter and I and some friends were at the GWPCA nationals also. My daughter showed a 6 month old girl through out the whole show including rally and beginner novice. We got 3rd place 6-9 month futurity, 1st novice senior jr (both days), and Saturday she won the other girl puppy's first BN leg with a 193.5 and first RN leg with a 95 and on Sunday received her 2nd BN and RN leg with nice scores also. Got to love the goofy fuzzy faces!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njxbf5q1yxdsxf7/IMG_0924.JPG?dl=0
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2014 9:43:02 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

It is a small world happy :) too bad we didn't know before hand, could've met up!
I hope you guys had a great time out there! We sure did happy :)
 FowlShot
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 9:57:04 AM reply with quote send message to FowlShot Object to Post

Congratulations on your national success! Any time you can go to a national and be in the ribbons is fabulous... in the winning ribbons is even better!

Even smaller world... I was there too with my 6-9 Puppy Dog and his sister in 6-9 Puppy Bitch.

Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 11:35:52 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I had no idea there were so many GWP people here on SD happy :)
FowlShot - I bet you're in a few of my pictures! lol Callie's half brother was also in the 6-9 month puppy dog class so I have several photos of that class. Looks like you had a successful weekend too! I'm not normally a fan of the solid liver dogs, but I remember seeing your boy in the ring, and i like him! You'll have fun as he matures for sure!

Maybe I'll see you all at next years Nationals in Ft Robinson?
 FowlShot
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 2:44:53 PM reply with quote send message to FowlShot Object to Post

We are planning to head to Ft. Robinson next year, but haven't 100% decided yet. A lot will depend on what I have to show and what other nationals I have around the same time. I had to skip the Duck Toller national this year for GWPCA, but should have puppies eligible for bred-by (and sweeps, etc.) there next year so I'm hoping to make it to that as well.

Thank you for your compliments! We really think he's something special and is going to be a lot of fun. I had quite a few "I don't usually like livers, but..." comments, which is always nice!
 lespiritbrittanys
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2014 12:57:55 PM reply with quote send message to lespiritbrittanys Object to Post

Beautiful! Love GWPs. Almost got one and then I met the French Brittany babies... lol

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.