Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : National Brag!
 .envoy.
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/20/2014 8:48:46 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post   

First of all, Branny completed his Grand Champion and ROM title last month so is now known as:
GCH Magor Galactic Agent ROM

Our national was this past week and Branson was the only dog of ours shown.

On Thursday, he competed in futurity and was the Grand Futurity Winner! This is a huge honor in our breed! Since he finished his championship, he was not eligible for sweeps, so he just hung out on Friday. Saturday was our Silverwood Competition, which is for American Bred dogs only. They have to be a champion and/or have won BOV, BOS, WD, or WB at a show where ROM points were available (bull terriers are weird and our ROM system isn't based on offspring) Anyway, there are 4 groups, Colored Dogs, White Dogs, Colored Bitches, and White Bitches. Branson competed in Colored Dogs (obviously) and was a FINALIST! One of 7! This is a huuuge honor for such a young dog. Finally, our national specialty was Sunday and he made the cut in a very nice breed entry. We're so thrilled for him, he's not yet 18 months old. I don't have pictures now, but I'll post them as I see them. Thanks for letting me brag!

here are some pictures from last month.

Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 9:01:44 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

He is a gorgeous boy! Can't wait to see pictures from Nationals. How is Trevi coming along?
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 11:02:51 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

She's coming along slowly but surely! She took BOV over a nice entry for a GCH major last month at the Terrier specialty. She's pretty small though, slow to mature. That's typical of our lines, I never really liked how Olive was maturing until she hit 4 - that's when she finally came into herself.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2014 2:44:59 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I always loved her as a puppy so I bet she is going to be real stunner as a full adult. I know all about slow to mature...our male Irish Wolfhound will be 5 at the end of this month and is just now reaching maturity.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/21/2014 10:41:13 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Congratulations! He's so handsome. I just love Bullies happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/21/2014 12:03:38 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yes, he truely is lovely!
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2014 2:49:48 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Congratulations ! He's beautiful. Glad to here Trevi is still doing well. How are the other puppies from her litter making out? I always liked that tri girl...Luna?
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2014 3:07:37 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Congratulations! Our breed is very slow to mature also ... even if you can finish them when they are young, you don't even try to special them until they are at least 5 happy :)
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 9:03:37 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by .envoy. on 2/5/2015 10:41:45 PM
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 9:05:41 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

Forgot to add - Branny won the group on Sunday at an all breed show 1 week after the national! This is his second group win - he is 15 months old.

Shadowstorm Kennels II
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 11:39:41 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels II Object to Post

Congratulations on the win!
But what do you mean about maturity? A lot of you guys talk about "oh he has to mature in order to really show his potential" how does one know a dog needs to mature? So curious to find out the answer....
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 1:37:16 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What a gorgeous boy! And so young!

How is Olive doing?
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 1:38:23 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

When his chest drops and he finishes muscling up, he's going to be unbeatable!!

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.