Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Thinking of Dachshunds
 ironforge
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/22/2014 10:40:56 AM reply with quote send message to ironforge Object to Post   

I'm considering opening a family account and am thinking about possibly playing Dachshunds on a new account.

What do I need to know about them currently in the game? Difficult breed to work with, easy? Any colors that need to be revived? (I'm working on reviving solid IGs with this account...)

Thanks!!
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2014 12:25:56 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

Dachshunds are a great breed!! I have a small program in this kennel. I have found that there are several people willing to help out new comers to the breed by selling puppies and older females for breeding - I would certainly be willing to help someone out.
As far as color projects - we have 3 coats within dachshunds, smooth, long, and wire. Wires have the higher SOP and there are a couple of people working on the other coats to make them competitive... I don't think longs are very far behind, but I'm not sure as I don't work with the other coats.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2014 1:35:50 AM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Hi there!

Going off of what Astoria said, there are plenty of breeders willing to help you get started happy :) I know I have helped many out, and would definitely be willing to do so again! Top SOP is 93.45 (I believe), but anything about 92.80 and up is finishable (93+ is easily finishable). WHs are currently the only finishable coat, although I finished a 91.75 LH about two months ago. The top SOP LH is 92.20 (again, someone correct me if I'm wrong), and SHs are slightly behind ranging in the 91s. I did have LHs and SHs over in my other account (Vivente), but recently transferred them all over to this account so my dachshunds are all in one place happy :)

As far as colors go, Alexandria (Laffy-Taffy Kennels) and I started a brindle project, although I admit I no longer have any since they are extremely hard to breed. Alexandria still has some in her kennel, if you are interested in helping her out. She has been busy in RL, however. I am dabbling in dapples with my LH/SHs and enjoy them, but have yet to see any in the ring. Common colors seen in the ring include Red, Black and Tan, Chocolate and Tan, Isabella and Tan, Wildboar (that used to be an uncommon color that I brought back about a year ago; it's still not as common as B&T or Red), Wheaten (seen in just one or two I believe, since that was another color revived from old kennels).

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to get started!

Em
 ironforge
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2014 8:28:05 AM reply with quote send message to ironforge Object to Post

Awesome... thank you for all the info! I'm just waiting for an advance to show up in my bank account and then I should be able to open a family account.

Nice to know what is finishable and what needs work! I'd love to help out with brindles if I can... and bringing the LHs and SHs up, too. happy :)
 longdog
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2014 11:46:43 AM reply with quote send message to longdog Object to Post

Woohoo, it's me, Ironforge with my new Dachshund account! Before I go crazy buying dogs, I need a Dachshund recap. SOPs over 92 should be finishable, 93+ definitely finishable... WHs have a strong presence in the game but LHs and SHs do not. Do I have that all correct?

And brindles and merles are rarer colors... right?

Thanks! looking forward to playing this breed!
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2014 12:40:35 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Yes. I would say high 92's finish able. Personally, I wouldn't session below 92.9 or 93. But that's me. I have a brood or two I could give you if you'd like- they're not great, but good broods to get you started
 longdog
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 8:55:35 AM reply with quote send message to longdog Object to Post

Awesome. I would LOVE that -- I'm especially interested in SH and LH as I'd like to help build up the varieties that are not as high in rankings -- but any breed-able girls would be awesome.

Thanks! Dachshund people are wonderful. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.