Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Breed suggestions appreciated
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/25/2014 11:06:29 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

Looking for some breed suggestions for a new kennel. I've had so many different breeds over the course of 11 years that I simply cannot choose. However, breeds I have now are as follows;
Doberman Pincher
Portuguese Pointer
Black Russian Terrier
Boxer
Scottish Deerhound
Dogo Argentino

I am trying to keep large or larger breeds but am open to any and all suggestions. Help me out folks!

-Four
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2014 11:08:28 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I've got some really nice english setters for sale right now,
Pretty fun breed, we've just gotten into the 93's sop wise and are starting to get group and show placements more often.

Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2014 11:42:58 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

You should come to Keeshonds. We have one of the more active forums in the game, our number of breeders and dogs is about medium sized, so you're not overwhelmed with too much competition, but there's still a major up for grabs every night. We're also routinely winning BiGs now. Any of us would be happy to help you get started.
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2014 11:49:00 AM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

I'm enjoying my newly selected breeds, Norwegian Elkhounds and Miniature Schnauzers.

Obviously depends on what you like regarding popularity of the breed, but I tend to enjoy smaller breeds so Elkies have been fun to play around in so far. I've also got a nice selection of show quality pups available in those.

Friendly breeders in either breed, with lots of people willing to provide broods to get you started. happy :) We could definitely use more show competition!

GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2014 12:06:43 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

How about Irish Red&White?

There are only 5 breeders listed, 2 are Basic and 1 hasn't been on for two weeks. We are getting close to SOP 94. I joined recently and had no trouble getting decent breeding stock, studs are cheap.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2014 9:29:21 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I am strongly considering both English and IRW setters. I will do some research on these two and also take more suggestions! happy :)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2014 9:30:56 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I second Keeshonds! Or you could come on over to my waters and join the Irish Wolfhound laugh :D
 Kistmi Quick Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 10:44:18 AM reply with quote send message to Kistmi Quick Kennels Object to Post

I'm new-ish to Dalmations, but so far, have been enjoying them quite a bit! They're in the 95's as far as SOP goes. Breeders are a very friendly and helpful bunch. We get group placings in shows. They don't take forever to session!

StarShip Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 5:22:25 AM reply with quote send message to StarShip Kennel Object to Post

Please consider IRW we are really in need of players I had been playing by myself for quite a while sad :( it's lonely here sad :(
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2014 6:19:30 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I've gone with English and IRW. I'll message you Starship!

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class