Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : White SH Ibizan hound
 Judarosah
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/26/2014 5:06:32 AM reply with quote send message to Judarosah Object to Post   

If I want to breed Ibizan hounds only of the white short haired variety how would I go about sourcing this particular type to buy/breed from?
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 11:53:31 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

I looked at the breed and I'm not sure that the gene chart is complete.

I looked at Dachshunds and it looks like wire is dominant to smooth there so probably the same for Ibizans.

Generally more solid colour is dominant to more white and all white is generally the most recessive.

So you want to start with a smooth white if you can - this appears to be a recessive combination. Breed to white smooth if you can. If white smooth is not available, look for those that have white and/or smooth close up in their pedigrees to increase the chances that they carry the recessives you want.

Dogs for sale:
UKI Climate Change has a white wire sire who has a white smooth dam.

UKI Fortune Finder has a white smooth sire. This dog likely carries both recessive you want.

Check with Underground Inc (UKI) and ask if they have a nice smooth white girl they will sell you and go from there.
 Judarosah
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2014 7:30:33 AM reply with quote send message to Judarosah Object to Post

thankyou so much that is a lot of help happy :)
 BlaqueHawk
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2014 4:17:32 PM reply with quote send message to BlaqueHawk Object to Post

If you're still interested there are three or four breeders the most active and out of those I know two (me being one) are actively producing white short hairs. I have a couple litters coming up that I will likely have a few whites and then also I have some breeding stock I may consider selling if you are interested.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.