Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Sponsoring Shows
 Spyte
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/26/2014 4:49:33 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post   

I am going to start sponsoring an all breed show once a month at least and possible a specialty now and then out of my basic account. I will be doing a random judge one month and then choosing a judge the following month. I am going to try to avoid choosing judges that are seen regularly already. If anyone has any special requests for a judge for the first one please post here or PM me and if you have a specialty request please let me know. happy :) I am hoping this will help with the issues recently brought up of having excessive use of a few certain judges.
 me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 5:41:44 PM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

I'm wondering how much show sponsorship makes? Is it worthwhile to do?

In one of my kennels I should be able to afford to sponsor a show in the next few weeks, but as I'm keen to watch my $s I like to know what the cost v return is.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 6:04:07 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I am not sure on the return. This will be the first time I sponsor shows since returning this past January. If the return isn't enough to keep my basic at a decent amount I will have to stop sponsoring for a while.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 7:12:06 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Generally speaking, sponsoring shows is not financially rewarding. It can be on occasion but I think most folks would say they usually wind up costing more than the returns. I'm hoping for a break-even on the ones I've done at best, but I'll let y'all know when they're done.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2014 10:34:01 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

For those who wondered, the 'GaylanStudio October All Breed' which cost 400 (or 600) gave me back $179 with 179 entries.

Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 11:26:49 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Yeah you get about $1 per entry back. Most of the time you don't make any money.
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 7:01:23 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

I wonder why the returns aren't higher. I don't think it should be a way to make real money, but you should at least have an easier time earning back what you invested. $1 per entry just doesn't cut it, you end up losing too much per show to keep it going.

Higher rate of return would definitely be more incentive for users to sponsor shows. I was considering throwing some on the schedule, but I'd be in debt in no time.

Not to mention the fact that the best way to gain more entries is to have the date farther out, but that doesn't work either because it costs an actual fortune. It's obvious that the unreasonable costs for later dates are the reason we can only enter shows a week in advance.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 7:51:39 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ill add some payouts happy :)

actually supposed to be 20% received back per show.

...The show 'promoter' will receive 20% of all of the entry fees.

-----
Last edited by Studio Dogs on 10/30/2014 7:53:29 PM
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 10:08:03 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

20% of $5 is only $1, and any entry fee higher drives people away, so you don't make your money back regardless.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.