Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Looking to try out a new breed.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/28/2014 2:05:10 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post   

I have been in the:

-Great Dane
-Doberman Pinscher
-Keeshond
-Black Russian Terrier
-Rottweiler
-Cane Corso
-Portuguese Pointer
-Chesapeake Bay Retriever
-Miniature Bull Terrier
-Beauceron
-American Staffordshire Terrier
-German Shepherd Dog
-Norwich Terrier
-Bouvier des Flandres
-Dogo Argentino
-Azawakh
-Caucasian Mountain Dog
-South African Boerboel
-German Pinscher
-Staffordshire Bull Terrier
-Kooikerhondje

If your breed isn't one of those, please post and tell me why I should join it.

As you can see I have been in multiple rare breeds. I am just looking for a fun one with a bit of showing. I will help with showing if you are looking for more players who would like to show.

Any size, color, appearance, group.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 2:14:26 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I have a few breeds (as you can see! laugh :D ) but my absolute favorite is Gordon Setters. They are what made me subscribe again.

We get BiS under Bruce Bass. A few other judges give us group placements sometimes. Sessioning is pretty quick. Around 20 days, the pup is at 20 for the traits, coat is usually at 20 around 11-12 days (if sessioned from day 0). My litters range from 5-9 puppies. Our highest sop (last I checked) is 94.25 ... And the breeders, oh the breeders! They all are so helpful and friendly!

I think that is all for Gordons.

Malamutes are fun too! They get BiS and group placements. Sessioning for training takes 35ish days. These litters (for me) are 7-10 puppies. I believe the highest sop is 95.3 or 95.4 ... The few breeders I have encountered are very helpful!

Good luck in your search!
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 2:25:12 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Come check out collies, or shelties. We get group wins and show placements in both.. I can give you more info if you're interested.

For more competitive but awesome breed check out american cockers, great players!
 BeddiZ
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2014 3:26:27 PM reply with quote send message to BeddiZ Object to Post

Bedlington Terriers really need more breeders! Try them out. I don't have any litters atm but will breeding some females soon when I'm not too lazy to name then, then you can buy some pups if you wanna try them (:
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 3:38:44 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I'm in Briards in another kennel - there are really only 2 of us actively showing, one other breeder that enters a dog or maybe two occassionally.
I just broke the 92 SOP yesterday, so group placements are still rare, but the SOP is rising quickly!
 Baronial
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 6:17:05 PM reply with quote send message to Baronial Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Reina,
I seriously recommend Scottish Deerhounds. There is me and one or two other breeders whom are active and finishing is so easy. Stud fees are super cheap, large litters and easy to acquire in sales. Both breeders aside from myself are very friendly.

I'm really enjoying the breed and have developed some very nice SOPS that I wouldn't mind sharing with you.

Our highest SOP is in the high 91s and anything 90.80 is finishing. We have ALMOST broken the 92 barrier and I get group placements often. I very much love this breed and am very glad I joined up. I also just joined English Setters and Irish Red and Whites. Let me know if you're interested in Deerhounds. happy :)

-Four

-----
Last edited by Baronial on 10/28/2014 6:18:22 PM
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2014 8:17:10 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.