Search

.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Long time no see- returning player
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/29/2014 6:35:04 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post   

It`s been a long time, but I have decided to return. Had nearly forgotten about this game, but then I realized that I have actually been paying for my standard for all this time... that's what like 2 years? *face palm* I make so many online purchases this just somehow managed to slip under the radar. Man am I bad at accounting, but seeing it on there was like an "oh yeah" moment. Brought me back here anyway, so that`s something… I'm sure Jeff really likes me for paying that long for an account that wasn't even being used though. razz :p Oh well, glad to help I guess. razz :p

Anyway, I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I do still see some names around that I know. Most of my dogs died (obviously, since it`s been 800+ days), but I did manage to get a litter out of my only remaining bitch; miracle that she didn`t die. The pups are nowhere near current SOP, but they are the last that tie directly to my own dogs, so I shall keep them and use them to preserve the direct tie to the Drake line.

I will be going back into mals again of course as they are my favorite breed happy :); don`t know how active I will be, but I'm going to go buy some dogs to get restarted and see what happens. happy :)

Anyway, good to be back. I can see that not much has changed, so I'll just dive back in. happy :) Hope to see some familiar faces. happy :)
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 10:24:10 PM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

It is so good to have you back!! happy :) I honestly thought you died. I think when you left, the SOP's were just getting into the 90's. We are now in the 95's. My highest is 95.55. Good luck with the dogs you bought. Welcome back!!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 1:23:05 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Welcome back!
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 6:05:53 AM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

Welcome back Drake! I hope to see your art again in the forum. I've just returned as well, and it's clear we could definitely use more activity there. You always made some of my favorite original stuff. happy :)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 8:24:36 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

It`s great to see you Howling, I was surprised to see that you`re still here. It`s awesome that you stuck it out, I can see that The SOP has improved a lot since I left, and I’m sure that you were the major contributor to that happy :), congrats on all your successes. Also I don`t blame you for thinking I died; I did disappear rather suddenly after all. I won`t go into the reasons that I left, but let`s just say things were getting really bad in my life at the time and leave it at that. Once you`re away from something long enough, it stops crossing your mind. I regret allowing all of my dogs on here to die. I had poured so much time into them, but at least that work didn’t go to waste, because my lines live on in the dogs that exist now.

Anyway, I look forward to getting going again. happy :) Thanks for the Welcome. ^^

Treestand: Do I know you? I don`t recognize the name, but thank you for the welcome. happy :) Oh and, sorry if I offended you just now. -.-‘

Peace: Yay, another name I recognize! ^^ It`s good to see that there are still people I know around. I was worried you all would have moved on like me. It`s a pretty cool coincidence that we took around the same amount of hiatus too. happy :) Art is something I’ve thought about, but thanks for the interest. I actually haven’t made a banner since I left, so I can imagine I’d be quite rusty. I moved onto digital art. I found I like drawing more than photo maniping. Though I haven’t done much of that either, and I’m not sure if there is a demand for drawing or not. Who knows if I’m feeling inspired I could try to make some banners and see what happens.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and the welcome. ^^ I look forward to seeing your work as well. happy :)
 Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 11:29:33 PM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

Welcome back! It's great to see you again, hope all is well with you.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2014 1:38:42 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No offense taken! This kennel is new, but I had a family sub at one time ... Don't think I ever had Mals though.

My old kennels were The Dane Spot, TreeHouse Kennel, SmokeJumper Kennel, GraveDigger Kennel, and Rehab Kennel. happy :)

ETA: Fixed Treestand to TreeHouse ... ha.

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 11/4/2014 1:34:01 AM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2014 5:32:23 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks Kianya, awesome to see that you are still around. ^^ Glad there are still so many around that I recognize. happy :) All is well with me, thanks for asking. It hasn’t always been, but it feels so good to just be able to feel so good again… you know? I hope all is well with you as well. happy :)

Treestand, now that you listed your other names I realized that I do remember you vaguely as the Dane Spot, and SmokeJumper. Great to see another oldie here, I’m pleasantly surprised by how many are still around. Look forward to having you as a rival and fellow mal breeder. A friendly one I hope. wink ;)
 Champion Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 6:49:52 AM reply with quote send message to Champion Kennel Object to Post

Hey! I am just getting started again here, too! I had a family account at one time, and the one we knew each other on was Valley Sun Kennel. I bred Mals and Huskies there, and finished some of yours happy :)

I am happy to see some familiar names on here still; I hope this place is active!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 9:18:20 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Welcome back to you as well ^^ I love how many oldies are still kicking around. Will you be going back into mals as well? It would be great if mals could be a popular breed again. Also, from what I've seen unfortunately this place doesn't seem very active anymore sad :( I hope that's not the case, because it was still fairly lively at the time I left.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2014 1:33:11 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

The activity has slowed way down, especially since my last time here. It seems like more and more people are coming back though! Hoping the activity level keeps increasing! happy :)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2014 7:30:15 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Yes, I'm with you there; there could afford to be more things going on. Oh and, kind of off topic, but I'm loving these new breed pics. We didn't have them last time I was here, and they are awesome. ^^
 Dream What May
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/7/2014 5:58:52 PM reply with quote send message to Dream What May Object to Post

Nice to see you back!!

You wouldn't know me under this kennel BUT

you might remember Snow Drift Farm (Neige) or Shelador, those were 2 of my original kennels and Snow drift is where the Malamutes were. Check your reclaim list you might find a hidden jewel there worth reclaiming even just for Sentimental reasons.

Shel
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2014 10:18:57 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Yep I remember you happy :), great to see you. Are you still in mals? Oh and, checking the reclaim list is the first thing I did when I got bak. Unfortunately, nothing there--all the dogs died even the ones in abandoned kennels like mine. I was just gone for too long. -.-' I did have one survivor though, she is nearly 900 days old and still alive. That's pretty crazy.
 Champion Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2014 1:48:15 AM reply with quote send message to Champion Kennel Object to Post

I was thinking of either Goldens or Mals. happy :)

Not sure yet and I have been trying to figure out if the game is worth my time to bump up to premium; especially since it seems extremely slow since the last time I was here.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2014 11:27:47 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Well I think you should choose mals wink ;) no bias or anything :P

Also, this game isn't really worth playing unless your premium I find. That's why I find myself wishing I had let someone else use this account when I was away though. Then I wouldn't feel so stupid for paying for two years worth of premiumship that I wasn't even around for. razz :p

Sorry that was off topic, but you should just go for it. The payment can really fit into any budget, even disappear among a menagerie of other online purchases it's so low apparently.

I am personally optimistic that this site will pick up again. Winter is coming after all. happy :)
 Dream What May
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/19/2014 6:29:49 PM reply with quote send message to Dream What May Object to Post

I got out ff Mals a long time ago, but i'm getting bored with the breeds i do have so I may try thm again. Picardy is the lady drawing all our colour pics she does an amazing job. I must admit a couple of breeds i have, I choose manly for the drawings happy :)

Shel
 SBR II
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2015 7:48:41 AM reply with quote send message to SBR II Object to Post

Hahaha hey guys, was bored on the computer and thought I would log in to see what's going on with the game, hopefully you all remember me, my last Champion was finished in like 2008/2009! So it's been many years since I've logged on.

I won't be rejoining but I wanted to say hi to you all. I was 16 when I first joined here and I'm nearly 28 now, can't believe I still thought of it!

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.