Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : RL Fur Babies!
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/30/2014 7:59:46 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post   

I wanted to start one of those threads where everyone posts pictures of their RL fluffy children so we can get to know them. I especially loved watching people with puppies and kittens update with pictures as they grew.

So here are my two loves, Tyson and Penny:

We rescued Penny three years ago and Tyson last year, both from the same shelter. Penny ended up being the sweetest, most gentle dog I've ever met. She was good with cats, kids, horses, anything you brought around her. She was already house trained and perfectly behaved. Everything I threw at her, she'd pick up instantly. Sit, down, bow, weave, she did it all with ease.

Then came Tyson. Tyson had been adopted out and then returned two months later for his supposed "destructive" tendencies. When I visited the shelter that day it was especially hot out, so all of the dogs were passed out or panting. Tyson was the first dog who jumped up, rolled on his back and just got generally excited. He was drooling everywhere and looked like a total mess. I fell in love instantly and took him home that night.

It turns out, that was his last day at the shelter before he was scheduled to be euthanized. When I took him home as a 2 year old, 80lb muscle head with no training on him, literally the first thing he did was jump on top of my stove. Literally. He didn't walk around for a minute and sniff things, he didn't investigate his surroundings at all. He ran inside, and jumped on the stove. He's been a daily event ever since, and I wouldn't trade a single day for the world.

So, these are my fur babies. laugh :D

I encourage everyone to share!

Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2014 12:09:10 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

No judgements on the cat please. laugh :D

First up are Tank (blue eyes) and Calvin.

[URL=s2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/Tardygirl89/?action=view&current=d103214fd66a2bc7350bda9624ec04d9.jpg][IMG]i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/Tardygirl89/th_d103214fd66a2bc7350bda9624ec04d9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Tank was from Craigslist. He was one of 13 dogs, was 104 pounds (he's 70 now). We got him when he was just under 2 and a half years old. Poor guy was so under-socialized. He was afraid of everything, his pads were so soft because he didn't ever leave the property, but one time to get neutered. Before he was neutered, he was allowed to breed with his sister. There were SO many problems with him. He really turned around after we went through a training class at Petsmart (I worked there for a few months, and they allow you to take a free training class with your dog) happy :) He was in an adult beginner class, but the trainer ended up moving him to a puppy class, because he needed the socialization skills that she does with puppies. He used to be a Velcro dog, and I liked it because I never had to worry about walking him on a leash, I just always had a wet spot on my leg, from him constantly having to touch me. Then Calvin came, and my baby grew up. lol

Calvin was running on the side of the highway, as you go into my town where people go 60+ mph. I was coming home from the dog park with Tank and had to at least try to help the boy. I opened my car door (made Tank stay) and Calvin saw/smelled Tank and jumped in the car. Brought him home, put up signs for 3 and a half weeks, but nobody ever claimed him. Our vet thinks he was dropped. Poor guy was almost 15 pounds under weight (he's 66 ish pounds) and was also under-socialized. He opened up much faster than Tank, but I believe Tank was a huge factor to why Calvin opened up so quickly.

Calvin was going to be Huck (as in Huckleberry Hound) or Sherman (we have a Tank, so why not? laugh :D ) but I was talking with my mom one day and we happened to see a Calvin and Hobbs comic and got to thinking and Calvin was a guy from Hot Shot in TrueBlood, so I decided Calvin it was. happy :) I was going to name Tank Banjo or Rufus or Amos, have always wanted to have a dog named Banjo, but it didn't fit Tank. I decided against Rufus because I didn't want him to be called Rufus the doofus, but it would have fit. My husband said no to Amos because he said he would call him anus. So we stuck with the name he came with. happy :)

Now for the cat (no judgements!!)

[URL=s2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/Tardygirl89/?action=view&current=9e6c4978a89cae9ef66f63739505ea8a.jpg][IMG]i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/Tardygirl89/th_9e6c4978a89cae9ef66f63739505ea8a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Apparently I don't have a picture of her face. We got her from our local humane society two years ago, this past October. She was super fat when we got her. We had lost our cat two months prior, and I was going through withdrawals of not having a cat, so we went to see who was there. We didn't go with the idea of leaving with anything, just if something caught our eye. We almost didn't see her. We were going to possibly get an 8-10 year old declawed girl. While we were waiting to be called back to the visitation room, I ran to the bathroom really quick, and saw the "hospital wing" where they placed the cats that had possible issues (upper respiratory infections, etc) and she was laying like that. I went pee, then went back to the lobby and she was still laying on her back. I took my husband to show him and she was STILL laying on her back. We watched her for 10 minutes and she never moved. We thought she was dead, then she woke up and started rubbing on the glass. We looked at the first girl and she was so scared and wanted nothing to do with us. We decided she wouldn't be a good fit for our 10 month old (if we didn't have the kid, we would have taken her). Then this fatty came out and went right to our daughter and me, we were sitting on the ground. Then she went and loved on my husband, then jumped on the table, then back to us on the ground. She put up with everything my daughter did, played with her tail, touched her feet, played with her ears, all the typical annoying things kids do. happy :) Her name was Mittens (she was surrendered by her owner) but I couldn't see having a 16 pound Mittens. We named her Tilly, but my daughter has decided her name is Kitty. laugh :D

Sorry for the long winded post! But that's my crew.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2014 12:12:55 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Apparently I typed too much and took too long. laugh :D Above was me... Here are. The pictures.

ETA: Corrected the links. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 11/5/2014 12:15:30 PM
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2014 1:25:13 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Here are my 4 kiddos:

happy :) ">
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2014 1:26:03 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Here are my 4 kiddos:

We have Archie, our almost 3yr old rescue yellow lab. He is a goofy boy, very sensitive, but very smart an loyal.

We have have Lilly our 7mth lab/aussie mix. Also a rescue...she was adopted and returned at 4mths for being vicious and having creepy eyes. In reality she is an extremely smart and sweet girl.

Then we have Sammy, our 8yr old Shih Tzu. We got him from a breeder selling off her stock. He was unsocial and terrified of everything. He's come along way and now has even started agility.

And lastly, Scooby, our 7yr old fox red/yellow lab. He was a rescue that tested our patience and sanity from Day 1.To say he was a devil dog is putting it mildly. But with training and patience he is now one cool dog happy :)
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2014 2:22:13 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Here's my clan happy :)

Eli was my first purebred, show dog, a miniature wirehaired dachshund - he's now 10. Lacey was my Juniors dog for the majority of my juniors 'career' a miniature longhaired dachshund - she's now 8.

Callie is my German Wirehaired Pointer, she will be 2 in April.

And then there's Piper happy :) Although technically my mom's dog, she spent her first year here with me and 'visits' for a week or two every one to two months so she sure feels like one of mine. She's a jack russell terrier & australian cattle dog mix.

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2014 4:13:54 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

We have some good looking pups here!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2014 9:28:24 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Currently only got the one dog but we're planning a litter soon so if all goes well I'll have another one.

So here is my girl Fay

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 11/8/2014 9:29:53 AM
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2014 5:16:59 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Love everyone's Fur Kids...here's some photos of ours.

Zoe- 6 year old rescue boxer. Some of you may remember her from old posts. She's doing well, will be 7 in January. She's not looking forward to winter coming and is demanding a fire in the fireplace every morning...lol.

Rio- our 4 year old "crazy brindle" boxer. He's doing well too, spent the summer swimming in the lake and will spend the winter in harness pulling the dogsled. He loves winter and I swear he's part Malamute (the breed I grew up with) lol. We had a brand new baby 11 weeks ago and Rio will have someone nice and light to pull in the sled this winter.

and all four, the poodle and the border collie are my mom's dogs.

Cloudpointe Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2014 6:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to Cloudpointe Kennels Object to Post

This is Binna (Norwegian Buhund)

MBIS MRBIS SBOS Silver GCH Jotunn Bella Binna

And Kitten (Great Dane)

GCH JustDane's Cash's Little Kitten

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 6:57:41 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I love all of the pictures!! I KNOW we have more folks with kids to share! wink ;)
 Lokei
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 8:14:54 PM reply with quote send message to Lokei Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Love seeing everyone's pictures! Here are mine:

Gia, 3 year old Dogo Argentino (Mata Cerdos Absolut Ideal Gamble)

Brie, 1.5 year old AmStaff (Skye's Hilltop Kissed by Fire)

LOVE my girls happy :)

-----
Last edited by Lokei on 11/16/2014 8:16:45 PM
 Lokei
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 8:17:20 PM reply with quote send message to Lokei Object to Post

Sorry that they are so large, tried resizing and it doesn't seem to be working.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 11:31:30 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

Here is a picture of my (rescue) pointer Pete the day we earned our CDX obedience title.

...and a baby picture my vet clinic took at his first checkup. I love his ears! happy :)

...and some more:

Photo credit: McCartney Dogs

Here's his fb page, since I can't seem to get his image to show up...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pete/130460147464
-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 11/16/2014 11:33:05 PM

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 11/16/2014 11:35:57 PM

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 11/16/2014 11:37:55 PM

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 11/16/2014 11:43:47 PM
 Bordercraze
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2014 6:03:15 PM reply with quote send message to Bordercraze Object to Post

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

Here's my girl, Tiki

And my man, Stoke!!

happy :)Cassie

-----
Last edited by Bordercraze on 12/24/2014 7:15:38 AM

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.