Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : take it to 3 shows
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/2/2014 11:00:35 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post   

what if we take it to only having 3 shows per night instead of 5?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 9:32:00 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm on board for that. So there aren't as many breed entries spread so thin.

My only concern, will that raise the major point entry minimums? For Gordons you need 4 to get 3 points, with limited shows, will it eventually be more needed, for less points?
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 10:47:54 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I kind of like having 5 shows a night. I know in Keeshonds, usually 1-2 are majors a night, and I like the option to enter the other shows under whatever other judges are available if I so desire. I dont always want to compete in majors, so if there was nothing else available, I probably just wouldnt show that night. I LIKE that it can be spread a little thinner.
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2014 11:31:27 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

While having fewer shows might be good for some breeds, others might suffer.

I don't think limiting shows is really a good idea. I'd rather see an easing up on the charges for future shows so we can plan ahead and since picking the judge (ie Owner judges) has been removed we need a lot more than 4 or 5 of these so that they come up more often.

As far as thin entries go, I think most breeds cooperate with each other to some degree at least - if majors are scarse folks are going to enter the same shows as those who went before them have. If entries are generally high folks are going to spread them out. Lets leave that option to the users. Too many limits and regulations are going to ruin the strategical aspects of the game.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 11:34:29 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

What about going inbetween @ 4?
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2014 1:09:59 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

To worry about this at this time is a 'knee-jerk' reaction.

I don't think you are going to see 5 shows a day for very long or very often. The norm over the previous few weeks has been two or three (I'm going by memory) all breed shows.

Let's just let supply and demand determine the right level for a while and see how it works out.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2014 1:24:01 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I agree, leave things as they are, I like more, rather than less choice when entering shows.

I would like to see a better balance between handler judges and owner judges (don't see to be many of these) develop over time now that judges are chosen randomly.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 11/3/2014 1:25:23 PM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 4:27:52 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

I'm Just curious wink :) I like having a choice too, but I remember a lot of comments on how the cost of sponsoring a show was not worth it because of the low entries if you where not the first show on the day.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 5:12:29 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Yeah, i sponsored 2 all breed shows when I came back I think, and WAS the first show listed on the days, and it still wasnt worth it.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2014 8:10:25 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I say leave it alone. I don't see any good route for this to really be beneficial for the overall member base.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2014 12:13:45 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Maybe the price for sponsoring all breed shows needs looking at. I would love to sponsor one, but it is just too expensive. I am only doing the occasional specialty shows, when my finances allow.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class