Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Age Restrictions on Showing/Breeding
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/3/2014 6:45:19 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post   

I have three dogs I could potentially reclaim who are each in their 700's, age wise. There used to be a restriction on age and showing/breeding, if I remember correctly. Just remember if this is still around?

They definitely wouldn't be show standard, but it would be nice to have some of my original pups back.

Thanks!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 7:20:05 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No restricts on breeding, unless it's changed...bitches have died preggo, lol. 120 days for showing.

I think I remember you! I've been on a sort-of hiatus for a few months now sad :(

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 11/3/2014 7:20:19 PM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 9:22:29 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

I had a girl left in my kennel that was over 800 days old, and I bred her and amazingly she didn't die before dropping the pups. Oddly enough she and an even older 900day old dog are still alive and refuse to die. I thought the dog crawler would get them for sure.

But yeah you should be fine, but you do have to worry about them dieing once you reclaim them; dogs die faster on active accounts. However, the showing limit is 120days I pretty sure that I'm remember that correctly, but if I'm not... than please correct me someone.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2014 9:23:27 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

There are no restrictions on breeding them, but they can't be shown in anything other than Veterans- which is only in specialties I think

The more important point here is that dogs in this game die. All breeds have a life expectancy on their page, where 1 month "real time" = 1 year dog life

At 700+ days, your dogs are over 24 months old. Which means no matter what breed they are, they will die VERY soon- dogs in abandoned kennels, because they aren't in play, cheat death. But once they are in YOUR kennel, they will die VERY soon. If they are bitches, they are unlikely to live long enough to whelp. $300 is a high price to pay to reclaim a dog that will die in a few days. I *think* but am not sure, that even altered dogs die here.

Unless they are male and have some trait you REALLY need, I wouldn't do it.
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2014 7:03:37 AM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

Definitely helpful, thank you everyone!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.