Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Merit Award Recognition
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/6/2014 11:27:11 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

Everyone would seem to agree that achieving a "Merit Award" should be recognised.

Lets get some actual numbers on that!

I'm not sure why anyone would object but there's an option for that.
Merit Award Recognition
No, for whatever reason. 2.44%
Merit Awards should be automatically posted in the Breed forum. 97.56%
65 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2014 12:41:56 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I would live to see this!! I work hard to achieve these statuses on my dogs. Recognition would be great happy :)
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2014 6:04:05 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

i will vote for it but I really don't see why this is too big of an issue. Our forums are dead as it is. I think the award on the dogs page is quite good enough. But, my two cents.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/7/2014 11:18:02 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

The breed forums are dead partly because there is never anything new in them - yes, it's kind of a circular thing. This is an automated feature so periodically there will be something new and some folks are going to look just to see. I try to make a point of checking each day for all the breeds I am involved in.

'Merit Award' announcements are a good-news item and invites others to comment with their congratulations. It makes everyone feel better. It might also cause someone to have a look at the winners kennel and maybe see a stud they've overlooked.

In some breeds it will not make one bit of difference while in others it may spark renewed interest.

This is very much, I think, a 'can't hurt to try' addition.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2014 11:37:42 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I second that. Can't hurt to try. All GCH statuses make it on to the breed forums, and I believe that a Merit status should be held higher than a GCH. it certainly doesn't happen in every kennel or breed every day.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/7/2014 12:26:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Now I just had another thought - not new, I know it's been mentioned before but . . .

What are everyone thoughts on including credit for offspring that get GCH towards the various merit awards?

Currently it just counts numbers. Would we then assign a value - say, 2 points for a CH and 1 point for a GCH, recognizing that in this case a GCH individual would have contributed 3 points toward the parents title.

We could increase the 'points' to retain the value - ie instead of 10 CH offspring, it could be 15 points or somesuch.

Just a thought for future consideration.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/7/2014 12:30:48 PM
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2014 1:08:21 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

This is an interesting prospective. Most of my breeds are rare, no stud fees or outside sales, so it is VERY difficult (not impossible) to get a merit sire or dam. Fewer GCH as opposed to all CH is an interesting twist.
I've also wondered how difficult it is to achieve these statuses as opposed to several years ago when the game was busier.
10 Champions is about all I can manage, I don't even know how many are required for higher levels, but I know I couldn't achieve them.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.