.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2014 11:36:47 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I'd advise everyone to give it a chance- a month is not that long to try it out.

Really, I noticed that same thing when we could buy handlers- a certain faction of the membership wants no handler judges all the same. Even when they weren't random, and we HAD them all the time, every time a no-handler would retire there'd be complaints, and every time we got new judges who weren't no-handler there'd be complaints.

My stance is, no-handler all the time takes away the some of the skill and randomness of the game. Handlers add an extra component that ultimately help EVEN the playing field since everyone has a hot to better their chances by snagging a better handler than your rival dog. Same with random judges- everyone now has a chance to show under a variety of judges, not just the same few over and over- and a variety of judges will lead to MORE people winning, and placing higher in shows overall.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2014 1:22:32 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I agree Lilli, the over use of owner-handler was frustrating as well. I'm just indecisive. It seems like I'm only one of a few that feel that this new system is kinda annoying.

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.