Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Help?
 Krieger Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/15/2014 12:58:34 PM reply with quote send message to Krieger Kennels Object to Post   

So, I'm completely new. The game looks like it could have some unique potential, but I'm so completely lost it's a bit overwhelming. I have dogs, Doberman Pinschers to be exact, but I need help on getting started. And this session stuff? I'm lost on that. So, basically, help me, please! I want to play this game but its terrifying right now.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2014 1:11:39 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

LOL. We were all new once. In order to show your dogs, you need to session them to increase their muscle tone, coat, and show obedience. Every night you receive sessions. Go to the dog you want to show and on the right hand side of the page, there will be the option to session those traits.

BTW, took a peek at your kennel. I would not waste sessions and show time on starter dogs (common newbie mistake). Under genetic quality, it tells you how good a dog's traits are. Your best bet is to look at others in the breed currently showing and try to get one of about the same genetic quality- buy from another player. Starter dogs arent usually used for showing or breeding unless it's a specific breeding project, which I would not reccomend undertaking for a beginner.
 Krieger Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2014 1:43:11 PM reply with quote send message to Krieger Kennels Object to Post

Ah, so I've already messed up xD I'm assuming blue is the color you want to get on the stats? I bought two dogs, one that was a GCH bitch. They both have blue stats. Would you mind taking a look at them? One is a puppy named Vader and the other is my pregnant bitch who is a GCH.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2014 2:13:06 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

yes, you want them blue. Its not a breed Im familar with, so I cant tell you what a finishable SOP is - SOP being a measure of quality.
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2014 2:33:24 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

10.0 is the ideal number to work towards in each trait, except Show Shine where you want 20.
A good majority of breeders will usually sell breedable females or quality pups.

The food you feed is important as it will raise or lower the dogs condition, condition, coat, obedience, and muscle should all be at 20 to be successful in the ring- although you can start showing them once they turn 14 days.
Have you read through the Help topics? They are a good place to start too
 swale
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2014 9:51:42 PM reply with quote send message to swale Object to Post

Your bitch is older and is not quite up to the quality of a really good Doberman right now. She's too old to show, though you can breed her. And of course she has a litter due soon. Maybe you'll get a nice puppy or two out of it. In your place I would try to replace her with a Dobe of higher quality after she whelps.

The puppy looks finishable, but you will have a very hard time raising his condition to a 20--it's a terrible number right now, 6, mostly due to his dam having a poor condition number at the time she whelped. It's quite difficult to raise the condition of a puppy that is that low, and as a basic, you're not allowed to feed premium food. Food is the only way to raise condition. It will take many, many days to get this dog's condition to a 20, which is pretty much what it needs to be in order for him to do well in shows.

Again, in his case, I'd advise you to get a replacement dog with higher condition. Unless you don't mind waiting several weeks for him to reach the condition needed to win points in shows.
 Krieger Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 12:57:55 PM reply with quote send message to Krieger Kennels Object to Post

What is an ideal age on a dog, buying I mean?

And thanks for all of the info! I really appreciate it!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 6:00:50 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Ideal really depends what you want to do. They can start showing at 15 days (which Id only reccomend if theyre fully sessioned and ready to go), start breeding at 30.
 swale
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2014 10:17:05 PM reply with quote send message to swale Object to Post

If you want dogs to show, I generally recommend buying a nice puppy in the age range of 0-10 days. Buying one that young gives you plenty of time to prepare it for showing. Sometimes, though, you can find an older dog that is mostly or fully sessioned and can be shown right after purchase. Keep in mind that dogs must retire from showing at the age of 120 days, so you probably won't want to buy one that is close to that age unless you intend to breed it.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/18/2014 11:38:22 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

As a new Basic you have one month to breed. I'd recommend a good bitch in the range of 25 to 45 days (or older). If you breed her well you will hopefully have one or two pups to show while you figure out the game.

If you buy a pup, you have to wait until it's 30 days before you can breed her and by then it may be too late.

Your second best choice is a REALLY good male that you can show and finish getting lots of show experience and perhaps some stud fees.

Even better, subscribe and then you can breed and show without the Basic restrictions (lol).

Welcome and good luck.
 Watching Iis
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2014 12:01:44 AM reply with quote send message to Watching Iis Object to Post

Vader your 9 day old boy needs super duper puppy food until he is 14 days old,
from the new litter keep #2(bitch) and the girl you named, they need pet house for puppies or super duper. The rest of the pups in litter don't have show shine and in a competitive breed like Dobes you need it you can forever home them which will lower your food bill. the pups Mom (sorry i forgot her name) can be fed Pet house for Adults since she is past showing age.

Welcome to the game and have fun!!

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.