Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Family Account moving dogs?
 Happy Leos
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/13/2014 8:42:34 PM reply with quote send message to Happy Leos Object to Post   

Hi I've just got a Family account and I want to move dogs into different accounts so I can work on lines etc... I can not work out how to move or buy dogs from the main kennel to the New Kennels.... I've been reading everything I can find for 2 days now and I still can't work it out... Please Help.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/13/2014 9:01:32 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

Place them up forsale with approval on and then purchase them with whatever kennel you want them in
 Happy Leos
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/13/2014 9:21:34 PM reply with quote send message to Happy Leos Object to Post

Hi Thanks.. I tryed thatseveral times yesterday and I've just done it again twice and the dog is not showing up in the new kennel and there is no change at all.
The only time I came close was when I made an offer to buy and accepted the offer but the dog was just sold back to the Main Kennel...

With a Family Kennel. do all the kennels work off the same Balance amount of money?
Its been several years since I've played SD and I've had a Family account before but I don't remember having much trouble buying and selling dogs between the kennels.. but I find it hard to know which kennel I'm in at any time as they all seemed to be linked to the Main Kennel. not sure what I'm doing wrong.
 Happy Leos
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/13/2014 10:08:58 PM reply with quote send message to Happy Leos Object to Post

Ok I just tryed to buy a different breed, I went into the Kennel I wanted it in went to Dogs for Sale found a dog and brought it.. but it went into the Main Kennel......
so I have 4 empty kennels I don't seem to be able to use..
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/14/2014 6:43:18 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm not sure if this is what your problem is but . .

At the top right hand side of your kennel page you should see "Settings".

Below that there is "View" which will say 'Classic' or 'Custom' (it's a toggle switch).

[Switch] it to 'Custom' if it isn't already.

Then go to each dog page and on the right you should see a drop-down labeled "Move To".

All your defined runs should be there - pick one.

OR ------------------------

Oh, I think I know what is happening!

Open the "Selling" kennel in another window or tab.

Sign into the "Buying" kennel in the first window or tab.

Then go to the "Selling" window/tab and offer on the dog (don't sign on to the "Selling" kennel) yet.

Once the "Offer is sent" sign on to the "selling" kennel and accept.

I think you've been buying and selling the same dog from your 'current self'.

Does that make sense?

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 12/14/2014 6:51:55 PM
 Happy Leos
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2014 5:43:47 AM reply with quote send message to Happy Leos Object to Post

Hi Everyone thanks for the help..
I just worked out what I was doing wrong and now feel like an idiot...

All I needed to do was Sign OUT and then Sign back IN using one of the other kennel names and my password....

I was just clicking on the different kennels with out signing in.....

Thanks again.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.