Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : I'm back! And lost....
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/27/2014 9:33:09 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post   

Hi all!

Not sure if anyone may remember me, but I was a long time member here since around 2006, with two more accounts before this one. I gave it up two years ago since I started to become very busy with college and work, but I have decided to try and slowly make a return.

I left before all the major changes were made, so I'm slightly disoriented with the new layout and such and I am trying to pick my brain to remember how the sessions, shows, and SOPs all work. Any advice on starting over (breed suggestions, new features, etc.) would be greatly appreciated! My last breed that I was working on was Bloodhounds, but I'm thinking about starting fresh. I do plan on upgrading again if I can get my feet planted and figure out all the new stuff. I'm sure once I start playing around it will all come back to me, but for now I don't know where exactly to start!

Thanks, and looking forward to another great run...
Taylor
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2014 9:49:01 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Welcome back!
I wasn't a player from before the major changes, but I can give my input from now! Starter dogs are pretty much useless, you're much better off to message someone who is involved in the breed you're interested in to get some pups or broods.
There aren't a ton of players right now, but we are all trying to work on ways to bring back the economy and play.
The newest change is a daily log in bonus. Each day you log in consecutively gives you an extra cash bonus!
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2014 2:30:26 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Welcome back!

I have also been a long term player on and off for 8 years and recently joined the Show Dog scene again at the start of this year.

There are lots of changes:

- Puppies no longer 'settle' - they now show their permanent stats the moment they are born on Day 0. (so you no longer need to wait 10 days to see how they turn out). Bonus!

- Some judges prefer NO handlers (as in Owner handled dogs) so you need to have a look at each judge's preferences. Some judges also prefer dogs over bitches and vice versa. Good idea to have a look at each one closely.

- Daily sign-in bonus. Make sure you sign in each day as each consecutive day you get an additional money bonus.

It's about 40 degrees Celcius inside my house right now and I can't think straight so there are probably some other new changes you might not be aware of - so check out the forums and the Help Guide too happy :)

Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2014 11:31:26 AM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

Thank you, everyone!

I am slowly starting to catch on to things! I'm sure once I upgrade again I'll be able to get my kennel back up and running. I'm mostly missing my custom rations as a basic sad :(

I have definitely noticed a decline in players, so I hope that can be restored to what it used to be. I made many lifelong friends through this game, and I hope it continues to grow!

Taylor
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2014 12:15:42 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I remember you too although I don't think we ever crossed paths breed wise.

Anyway, welcome back!
 MapleBritt
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2015 11:13:02 PM reply with quote send message to MapleBritt Object to Post

I'm back after a very long time away from the game. A lot of changes have been made to the game. I have Brittanys in my kennel. I looked through some pedigrees and all of my previous dogs are deceased but one of my dogs I bred is way back in some of the present pedigreeshappy :)

There's only a few Brittany breeders in the game and we would love to have morehappy :)
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2015 3:15:26 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

Welcome back! I remember you happy :) I actually made you a banner ages ago from my old kennel
I too am a returning player (have been back on SD after a 4 year hiatus )

Lindsey
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2015 9:33:25 AM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

I remember you Clay Creek! I think I even remember the banner you made for me! I may be hitting you up again soon for some stuff wink ;)

Welcome back everyone....I've seen so many people within the past two weeks that have returned to the game after a hiatus. I personally came back after Jeff had sent several reminder emails to me, and finally I couldn't resist!

Taylor
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2015 1:29:05 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Welcome back! I'm just back after about 9 years away! Come back into Bloodhounds, we are a nice bunch and every new kennel in the breed is a bonus. I managed to start again with the same basic kennel that I had as a premium before, maybe if the bug really bites I'll upgrade again. Good luck with whichever breed/breeds you choose.
 DBK-Not A Farm
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 7:09:24 AM reply with quote send message to DBK-Not A Farm Object to Post

Well...Hello Everyone! I, too, am back after many years away! Those emails must have worked because they brought me back too! Sadly, I got busy with real life and forgot all about this game! I see a lot of changes! I am a bit lost, but as time allows, I will catch up. I am starting with Shetland Sheepdogs. We no longer have them in real life (RIP Shubee, Ivy and Christy) Seeing them on here makes me want them again! I am extremely busy with work, kids, and college (Yes, college! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!)

My first question is how do I change my session set up? I arranged for them to automatically update with the first two dogs that I have, but decided to buy another one. Now I don't have a spare for that dog. I would be willing to split the 5 I have between the three of them.

Thanks, Now I have to go do chores. (The goats are calling..lol)
Brandy
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 4:40:35 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Welcome back!

I am playing as a basic and log on every day to make sure I get the LB (loyalty bonus) which means $50 a day. With this I buy in extra sessions, so 10 extra sessions costs me my bonus but allows 3 sessions per dog (5 dog max as a basic). Once a dog is fully conditioned you can drop buying in those 3 sessions and your LB starts making you money.
 Brizingr
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2015 2:06:12 AM reply with quote send message to Brizingr Object to Post

hahaha those emails got me back as well but i started a new kennel... new breed and one of the old breed and my real life breed - golden retriever! and i also thought i might start a source dog project on the side happy :) so new beginnings in Swed Vallies with both show dogs and source dogs

and for good measure i threw in a red and white setter to play with as well
 Trailhawk Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2015 6:24:24 PM reply with quote send message to Trailhawk Kennels Object to Post

I am also a returning player after many years on hiatus. It's all a bit confusing right now with all the new stuff...but am working around it.
Will be watching the forums closely for information.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2015 5:20:48 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

posted by DBK-Not A Farm
Well...Hello Everyone! I, too, am back after many years away! Those emails must have worked because they brought me back too! Sadly, I got busy with real life and forgot all about this game! I see a lot of changes! I am a bit lost, but as time allows, I will catch up. I am starting with Shetland Sheepdogs. We no longer have them in real life (RIP Shubee, Ivy and Christy) Seeing them on here makes me want them again! I am extremely busy with work, kids, and college (Yes, college! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!)

My first question is how do I change my session set up? I arranged for them to automatically update with the first two dogs that I have, but decided to buy another one. Now I don't have a spare for that dog. I would be willing to split the 5 I have between the three of them.

Thanks, Now I have to go do chores. (The goats are calling..lol)
Brandy

Why not buy 1 extra session (will cost you $5 a day) then each of the 3 dogs can have 2 sessions each. Don't forget the Loyalty Bonus, its worth logging on every day to build it up, after I think its 10 days you get $50 a day just for logging in!
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2015 2:01:25 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Hi people.

Yes those emails of Jeff's are seductive.

I'm back in with two kennels ... and right into it again.

Pleased to hear what that LB amount in my balance is.

Now I just want time to go faster so my next entry happens and my girls reach breedable age.

I like the login bonus. I like the Grand Champion. I'd forgotten what the layout was, so the new layout doesn't worry me.

Glittering
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2015 1:13:01 AM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

posted by Glittering
Hi people.

Yes those emails of Jeff's are seductive.

I'm back in with two kennels ... and right into it again.

Pleased to hear what that LB amount in my balance is.

Now I just want time to go faster so my next entry happens and my girls reach breedable age.

I like the login bonus. I like the Grand Champion. I'd forgotten what the layout was, so the new layout doesn't worry me.

Glittering

SD is seductive ha! I pretty much stopped both kennels for a while then came back, think catching on. We don't have many in Basenji ( I am Guiding Senjis too) or here, was going to do one other breed in here but it's too much for me to do two in one kennel. I am back to having trouble as is what puppies not to keep!

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class