Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Was considering on hosting shows.
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/28/2014 11:32:27 AM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post   

I was considering on hosting maybe a few All Breed shows and quite a few specialty shows for different (popular) breeds on a regular basis. I was considering on doing it for potential monetary gain. I use to do it for my breed, that is when it was a lot more competitive, however it was for mostly fun but I took a lost. Just was wondering if investing money into shows are worth it, both from an All Breed and Specialty stand point.

Shane
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2014 3:35:48 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I don't think any of the breeds give you money back, at least none in my experience thus far. Not sure about all breed shows.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2014 1:12:01 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

If you do the math,you'll see it is not, it is for prestige mostly.

Which was why I suggested to also reduce the number of shows per day...can't have everything.
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2014 8:48:07 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

You will not make money from specialties.

You do however have a shot at making a money with all breeds.

I sponsor all breeds when there are some available for $400. I make the entry fee $20. If you get lucky and get a owner handler judge, you can make $$.

I sponsored one all breed that made over $1100 last week. Usually, I break even or make a few extra bucks. But when the stars line up just right... you can double your money.

And before anyone complains about $20 shows... Noone has to enter them and there are always cheaper shows on the same day. And if you are lucky enough to get a good group placement or a show placement, show pay outs are really nice in $20 entry shows.

Since entries are usually lower in expensive shows, It also opens windows for breeds that normally dont take BIGs to get them!

Will
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 3:00:12 PM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post

Thanx for the input. I did a all breed show... so depending on how it goes will determine future shows.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 5:39:04 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

what show, maybe some of us can start doing payouts?

and just for the record, don't start from the top of the alpha bet :-/ sad :( that is what "everyone" does
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 11:29:29 PM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Blue Hill Dog Association,.. cheapest date was for the 5th of this month. Thanks a lot if you can or cannot. Hope you enter though.happy :)

And what do you mean by alpha bet?

-----
Last edited by S. B. G. Chow Chows on 1/1/2015 11:30:23 PM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2015 10:46:12 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

Autocorrect on iPad.
I meant the alphabet

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.