Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Shows?
 Riot Rat Terriers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/1/2015 12:50:23 AM reply with quote send message to Riot Rat Terriers Object to Post   

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm new to the site (well..haven't played in 10 years) and I seem to be getting shows wrong.

I was under the impression that we are able to enter every show available to dogs eligible to show, but I received a message requesting that I not do this and only enter ONE show per night.

How do shows work then? I'm quite confused.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 1:28:04 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

You can enter each dog in no more 1 all breed show, 1 specialty show, and 1 obedience show per night.
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 1:35:17 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Dogs can only enter one show per night or two, if there's another show involved like a specialty or obedience.

Also remember, once a puppy turns 14 days, and is named, it can be placed in a show. But I would advise to continue sessioning (if the puppy hasn't reach its 20s) in order to get wins with points going towards its championship.
 Riot Rat Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 1:46:57 AM reply with quote send message to Riot Rat Terriers Object to Post

Ok, thanks guys!

I tried to find it in the Help section, which doesn't appear to have anything about it lol.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 2:20:23 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I sometimes find that the help section takes for granted that we know stuff when someone wouldnt necessarily. I remember entering ALL THE SHOWS once upon a time too. Holler if you need any more help eh?
 MiddieRose
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 4:17:06 AM reply with quote send message to MiddieRose Object to Post

It's there, just probably hard to notice in the sea of links happy :)
www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=8
 Perdix
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 4:53:58 AM reply with quote send message to Perdix Object to Post

I'm confused- if you are trying to enter one dog in multiple shows per night, then the letter writer is correct- an individual dog can only be entered in one all-breed per day.

If it's that you have multiple dogs and are entering Dog A in Show X and Dog B in show Y- that's perfectly ok. If someone is trying to pressure you to do otherwise, you can, and should report them to admin. They don't take kindly to people telling other members how to play.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.