Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Dogs for Sale in Abandanded Kennels
 Spirit Star
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/1/2015 9:22:29 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Star Object to Post   

Hi I'm trying to Bring back the Bergamasco and I'm the only current breeder at the moment and mostly using starters apart from a few studs I've found in one Kennel. I've found one kennel which has an OLD Female up for sale but it has to be approved but they have not been into SD for years...
Is there anyway I can buy this Bitch.. not sure if she would still be able to breed due to her age... is there an Age limit to breeding Bitches?
old.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Aspenglow
Is it worth asking Admin? I know I can't claim her as I have nothing to do with her breeding.. but seeing she is for sale with a Price can they approve it.. don't mind having to pay double or a fee, I just want to save the line if I can...
 Spirit Star
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2015 9:24:24 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Star Object to Post

She is 857 Days Old...
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2015 10:04:58 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I've heard dogs die faster I'm active kennels. You can breed them until they're dead, no age limits. You may be able to get one litter out of her....
 Spirit Star
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2015 11:20:54 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Star Object to Post

Thats good to know about the age.. I'll be happy if I can even just get one litter from her..

Any idea on wether Admin can Allow the approval of the sale of a Dog in a case like this?
don't want to bother them if its deffinate No.
but its a shame to let her Die with out trying..
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2015 1:23:26 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I'm pretty sure that's a definite no. Even if they did, chances are high that the bitch would die before she whelped. You might do better searching out studs in abandoned kennels- they can still breed, and unless you buy them, you don't need to worry about them dying on you. happy :)
 Spirit Star
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2015 3:22:26 AM reply with quote send message to Spirit Star Object to Post

Thats fair enough.. I've been seaching all the old kennels I can find.. most of the Studs have been forever home or died or they are just left with no way of using them...
I have one kennel which did a lot of work on them and thankfully they left several Stud dogs I can use but I only have starter dogs to put them too. This female has been the only other dog I've found for sale (or stud) so far and being a Bitch would have been great...
anyway never mind.. back to searching predigrees.
Thanks.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2015 2:44:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'd write to Admin anyway - it doesn't hurt to ask. He might since there are no others around. I agree, the chances are slim, but if you don't ask you won't know.

Perhaps there should be a time at which the approvals are lifted - ie if the kennel has not had a login in 2 years.
 Spirit Star
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2015 10:22:15 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Star Object to Post

Yes your right.. its worth a try..
nothing lost nothing gained either way..

I like the Idea of lifting the approvals.. as they intended to sell them its not like your trying to reclame a dog they wanted to keep...

Thanks..

Replies in this thread : 7

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.