Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Should family accounts be allowed to sell dogs to each other?
 Steph
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/3/2015 4:45:38 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post   

Do you think family accounts should be barred from selling dogs within the shared accounts?
Should family accounts be allowed to sell dogs to each other?
Yes, I believe users should not be allowed to sell dogs to other accounts they own. 18.52%
No, It's ok like it is now. 74.07%
I don't care. 7.41%
62 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 PixelPups
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2015 9:57:56 PM reply with quote send message to PixelPups Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Your 2 questions:

"Do you think family accounts should be barred from selling dogs within the shared accounts?"

and

"Should family accounts be allowed to sell dogs to each other?"

don't match.

I can guess by the answers the poll offers what you meant in the poll, but it is not the same as your topic...confusing!

And your "Yes, I believe users should not be allowed to sell dogs to other accounts they own" option is also not phrased very clearly.

-----
Last edited by PixelPups on 1/3/2015 10:00:08 PM
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2015 11:42:03 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I agree with Pixel- this poll is useless because the title question is different than the one asked in the post itself, and we can't know which question people are answering when they vote.

I also think polls are most useful AFTER a thread of discussion on an issue- for instance, I am unsure where this question came from- if someone has uncovered an instance where this rule IS a problem, I'd like to know more details about how and why- that could very well change my opinion on the matter.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2015 10:40:58 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm asuming in the poll question they mean should families be able to sell between ones owned on the same family account. Just not worded as well as the question in the the post.

I say it should stay the same, as you are allowed to have more than one kennel in the same breed you just have to run them as seperate kennels. And your allowed to sell dogs between your kennels as long as you don't sell them back and forth to move money. (Both are on the rules page)

I buy dogs, sell dogs and use studs from other kennels so if I had a second kennel in my breed I should also be able to treat that second kennel like I would another user.

Yes like everything else it's open to abuse and I'm sure some do abuse it but if you suspect some one is running multiple kennels as one contact admin about it

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 1/4/2015 10:42:40 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2015 12:33:34 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I agree with Lilliput - I'd like to know where this is coming from before I vote, but

No name or identifying information please.

If you have run across suspicious activity, report the specifics to Admin.

We do not want unproven character assassinations in the forum.

As already stated, running kennels as separate entities includes the possibility of doing business.

You are proposing something which can have serious impacts on a great many folks who are behaving in a completely honourable and ethical manner.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2015 1:04:37 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

you also have three possibilities for an answer, two of which are negatives, and an I don't care.

not really a grammar queen,
but this is like nails on a chalk board

"Yes, I believe users should not be..."

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler