Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Messaging system messing up
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/4/2015 4:30:46 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post   

I want to message back a user about getting into another breed. I tried messaging but then it went to my most recent message thread to another user. I clicked the back button to copy my message, then clicked on that user to try messaging them again. Again, the page flipped to the other, more recent message thread to another user.

I want to message Bob, but when I click "Send", the page it goes to is my messages to Mark, and when I go back to the messages to Bob, the message I wanted to send hadn't sent at all.

Confusing I know ...
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2015 4:46:19 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well, personally I have never really liked this new email we got with the reworked site, however, I've learned to live with it.

Back does not work reliably I've found although I don't know why. Several times I've sent a message intended for one person to someone else entirely - that is potentially embarrassing.

I try to remember if I'm writing a complex message to do it in Word or even Notepad first then cut-n-paste. Then, make sure you are actually sending it to the right person.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2015 7:28:10 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Yeah, this is a bug; it has never happened before. The message doesn't send. I logged into my basic account and it sent perfectly fine. I know that if I receive a message from one of my friends, I have to delete that message otherwise it stays unread.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2015 2:12:52 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Jeff doesn't want you talking to Bob. happy :)
 Amberline
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2015 7:08:26 AM reply with quote send message to Amberline Object to Post

I don't like the new messaging system either.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.