Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Juniors Brag
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/4/2015 6:16:48 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Long story short. I finally won enough to become an open senior! I really want to thank a great friend on here for being with me and mentoring me at my first dog show last spring. She let me show her APBT and I had a blast. She has been there for me all the way. You all have been great! Coal aaand I are preparing for 10 days of shows within the next 2 weeks. Much love!

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 1/4/2015 6:17:34 PM
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2015 7:24:56 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Good luck!! Kick some butt in the Open Senior ring!!
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2015 8:06:14 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

APBT is not an AKC breed?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2015 8:37:11 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Congratulations and good luck!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2015 2:10:44 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats!! Your hard work is paying off!
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2015 2:15:11 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Congratulations! Hope you do well down here in FL happy :)

Maybe I will be able to swing by and say hi if I get time. We have the two BRT girls entered Sat and Sun and will be there most of the day as reps so we will be a bit busy.

I may also be at the IW ring for a bit if time allows.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2015 12:12:14 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by Tizzy Too
APBT is not an AKC breed?
My first show was in the IABCA in March. Inthen went to watch my kennel clubs show but only entered a match. My first entered show was in Greenville the last weekend in July happy :)
 Dream What May
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/11/2015 10:19:29 AM reply with quote send message to Dream What May Object to Post

Good Luck in Brooksville, I've been there as a spectator huge outdoor show, lots of fun.

Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2015 1:38:40 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

How did you do?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 7:25:07 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I'm still in Brooksville.... No luck any days what so ever. Top juniors in the country here. But I've had judges tell me some things that have made me decide to get a different juniors dog. Coal will be shaved next week
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 7:46:23 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

My girls got shaved last weekend, so they are sitting out for a while. What made you decide to get a different dog? And what are you going to do now?
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 8:10:48 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Juniors is judged on the handler, not the dog ... just saying
 Whovian Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/26/2015 11:29:37 PM reply with quote send message to Whovian Kennels Object to Post

posted by Reflections Of
Juniors is judged on the handler, not the dog ... just saying
That's wishful thinking (unfortunately)

What about him made them think you should get a different dog?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 5:03:08 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I've had 3 judges tell me he is not a good juniors dog. A woman in Brooksville literally said that I will probably never place with his appearance in coat.

I will be keeping his cut for now because I may go to PCA this year, after that I will cut him in a pet cut.

I'm currently trying to get an Australian Shepard on a lease for all-breed and juniors. I've been talking to some people but most people run when they find out I only show once or twice a month :/
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 5:05:50 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Andyes, they are suppose to only judge the handling, but thinking about it. If im in a group of juniors, my dog should stand out right? well no one wants to look at my dogs coat, so he doesnt look nice, regardless of my skills. He should be presented as if he was in the breed ring, and he doesnt look the part. I'm not the best handler but he doesnt help me much. I've shown other breeds and gotten praise with them. I showed a Borzoi once and the judge was surprised I had never touched one before I went in that ring that day. He said I looked great. But with Coal... yea no
 Zacarati
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2015 8:04:14 AM reply with quote send message to Zacarati Object to Post

Juniors is about handling but part of handling is condition. If the dogs coat is out of condition (I'm not sure what breed coal is) the judge will probably not place you. This goes for muscle tone ect. The fact that judges said something means your handling skills are there you just need a different dog to show you can condition ect. I had a dalmatian in juniors, we were quite successful but he was also my all breed special and was nationally ranked with me handling him. Should that be a factor? No but it's a dog show. My boyfriend is a juniors judge, and a majority of juniors are using retired show dogs or current specials I've noticed.

As far as leasing perhaps don't get one for all breed, people tend to be weary. Start just looking for sometching for juniors and everything else will fall in place.

Best of luck to you!
Aubrey
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2015 1:57:00 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Coal is a Standard Poodle

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.