Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Anyone interested in a American Cocker community thread?
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/6/2015 12:10:02 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post   

So I was looking at the breeds that have community threads going and wondered if anyone was interested for our cockers? I know we used to have one of the most active forums and I'm sure we could get back there.

I'll start it if you guys are game.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/6/2015 1:03:52 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Um...isn't this it?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/6/2015 1:05:32 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

This has over 22,000 posts ....and just below us are the Min Pin people at just over 13,000 posts.
 Kitsufoxy
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2015 3:20:29 PM reply with quote send message to Kitsufoxy Object to Post

I'm new, but I try and pay attention wink ;)
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2015 3:22:07 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I was thinking of something like the kees or std.poodle people had going. As I'm not sure everyone gets into the forum all the time, maybe just one thread to follow would be easier.

But not big deal, just a thought.

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=383195

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/6/2015 9:08:43 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I have always made a point of checking all the general forums and all the my breed forums. This was once a much more active forum than it is now although I'm not sure that it is because there are so fewer folks around period or that we've all become less social.

I would love to see more activity. Gordon Setters also have a news thread but that way or just everyone making their owwn topic every once in a while would work.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/6/2015 11:20:09 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

OK...now I get it.
It is a Thread within this forum.

Sure, start one.
Yes, in the days before Facebook and the economy falling, we had lots of chatty people here.
I miss those days on Showdog actually.
Jolie from Foxley was very involved amongst others.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/7/2015 1:16:18 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, even though I've not been too active of late, I do still think of the AC as my primary breed (EC secondary, then the setters). I will try to be more involved and post stuff.

The link to the old colour pictures from way back when:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=359695

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/7/2015 1:23:33 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/7/2015 1:32:23 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I also boosted up the old colour gene information.
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 1:47:07 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

I created a new thread for us in our forum and emailed it to all ACS players.

Gayle, I reposted the links you brought back up too!

The old color pics are so cool, they were from before I had cockers, love seeing them.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.