.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Minor Update - Dogs for Sale
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
1/6/2015 9:10:53 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

Dogs for sale in abandoned kennels are now listed in the dogs for sale listings as long as they are less than six-months old and on auto-approval.
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2015 10:15:51 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

Jeff -

Is there any way all living stud dogs can be listed on the stud page?

This will make it A LOT easier for those of us trying to bring back a less active breed.

Will
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 5:19:48 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

OMG - Solimar - that is a BRILLIANT request - please Jeff - this would be awesome if there was a seperate link on the Stud page that will take us to a list of all studs that are in abandoned kennels that are still 'up for stud.'

I think it would be better to have a link to this page, as opposed to having all the old studs mixed in with the current active studs.

Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 6:14:32 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I agree!! this would be very helpfull.. I've spent many Days looking though all the old kennels and checking every dog for off spring, trying to find any old lines in Abandonded Kennels to bring new life back into rare breds.

I don't mind the challenge of looking for the studs and old dogs, but if there was someway of making Searching a little easier, it would help.

Thanks Jeff.
 Zephyrs Joy
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/7/2015 6:15:56 AM reply with quote send message to Zephyrs Joy Object to Post

I agree!! this would be very helpfull.. I've spent many Days looking though all the old kennels and checking every dog for off spring, trying to find any old lines in Abandonded Kennels to bring new life back into rare breds.

I don't mind the challenge of looking for the studs and old dogs, but if there was someway of making Searching a little easier, it would help.

Thanks Jeff.
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 8:10:09 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

I like this idea as well. I know if my breed there's only two really large breeders, and my lines are completely derived from their's, so I can see COI being an issue in the future. Having easy access to studs in abandoned kennel would really help stave that off.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 12:56:34 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

....thank you Jeff
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/8/2015 9:41:09 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

The stud listing would be amazing. I spent two days looking for Silky Terrier studs.
 Gambit Great Danes
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2015 11:44:38 AM reply with quote send message to Gambit Great Danes Object to Post

This would also be fantastic for bringing back colors that have disappeared from some breeds too.
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 1:04:41 AM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Agreed, that would be fantastic and very helpful to the less active breeds!

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.