Search

.com Forum · Simulation Dogs For Sale

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Want puppies! *!rare breeds preferred!*
 Elan X
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/7/2015 3:09:53 PM reply with quote send message to Elan X Object to Post   

I'm using this kennel to sell my own puppies, to earn money to host dog shows. And I thought it would be a good idea to expand!

That means I would like to buy puppies cheap (50$ or less) and sell them for 100$

This is a great offer for those of you that have more rare breeds, breeds that don't sell many puppies. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the patient to wait days and weeks for my puppies to be sold- they take space and food in my kennel. That's why I moved my sales to another kennel, where the puppies (and soon to be dogs) can stay for 2-3 months before I FH them. This way the chance of getting them sold is much bigger- and if it's in a breed where almost nobody place puppies out for sale, it's much much easier for beginners to buy dogs, which I have struggled with myself every time I have started with a new breed *annoying*

So if you have puppies you can sell instead of FM? Sell them to me cheap happy :)

I'm only interested in 2-3 pups each breed, both genders are good, unrelated is great, and with up to date SOP.

Answer here or send me a PM!
 Elan X
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 12:15:21 PM reply with quote send message to Elan X Object to Post

BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 3:05:53 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Um, not saying it is or isn't, but it sounds like that's dancing very close to the running a co-op line. You might want to read over the simulation rules in the help files...
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 4:56:30 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I don't think much of 'dog dealers', either in RL or SD

-----
Last edited by mournebrake on 2/10/2015 10:40:10 PM
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 11:42:15 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

The system restricts excessive sales between accounts, but it may be best to have a look at what BlackFrost mentioned.

Can morals and ideals really be applied to a fictional dog kennel? This is a game after all, not real life happy :)

Analeyn
 Oriole
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2015 8:57:41 AM reply with quote send message to Oriole Object to Post

Offer on anything I have for sale. I'm getting out of the breed. Very high SOPs for the breed.
 Elan X
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2015 8:26:03 PM reply with quote send message to Elan X Object to Post

I have read, but I can't find anything else but 'excessive sales between accounts' mentioning coop between accounts. If anyone know more, please link/tell me?

And when it comes to the morals aspects towards my ''dog dealing'', I don't think SD is the right place to discuss (or even questioning) it. After all, we have 30 dogs in our kennel, breeding them as soon as they can and then give them away as soon as we're done with them, it's a game.

The only reason I'm doing this is because of all the users of SD. To host a dogshow cost me 1000++ but I only get 500++ back. It also benefits everyone that the rarer breeds get to have pups and dogs for sale at all times. It's hard to start in a new breed when you can't even find any to buy.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2015 3:44:38 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

posted by Elan X
It's hard to start in a new breed when you can't even find any to buy.
Perhaps breeders don't want to sell them to you, knowing you just want to sell them on asap for a quick profit.
 Elan X
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2015 10:44:47 AM reply with quote send message to Elan X Object to Post

No, what I mean is many breeds have rarely pups and dogs out for sale, making it hard for new breeders to join the breed. I'm myself active in 7-8 different breeds, but I've had a hard time several times finding dogs when I wanted to join a new breed. It has nothing to do with 'selling for profit' It's because most breeders here don't have the space to keep puppies for sale at all times
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2015 1:49:48 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Ok, I was referring to this paragraph in the Simulation Rules under the Help Files

Merging Accounts

//

Do not operate multiple kennels as a cooperative. Overflow kennels (a kennel for putting dogs in when you have too many kennels), holding kennels (a kennel used to hold puppies, bitches, dogs, or retired dogs away from the main showing kennel), sessioning kennels (a kennel used to get extra sessions to session dogs for the main kennel), etc. are not allowed and are not included in Family subscriptions. Family subscriptions are for five SEPARATE AND INDEPENDENT kennels, not a cooperative of three or four kennels and not a super kennel with four usernames.

//

I find it is often helpful to completely read the rules of a game before engaging in seeing how I can get around what seem to be game imposed restrictions or limitations in case those are specifically in place to prevent exactly what I'm trying to do.

Yes, it's hard to manage a kennel and balance breeding, sales, shows, budget, etc etc - that's the point of the game, however.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the shows you sponsor as much as the next person - but I would hate to see your subscription revoked or you removed from the game for breaking a rule with a severe penalty that you were not clear on or aware of.

-----
Last edited by BlackFrost on 2/10/2015 1:58:59 PM
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2015 2:10:29 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I have re-read this entire thread multiple times. I don't think the OP is trying to circumvent the rules.

As I read it, instead of a rare breed breeder FH'ing nice pups due to lack of space or money, Elan X purchases them for $50 (which is more than they would get for FH'ing them) and places them in their kennel. Where they are fed and cared for for up to 3 months. Selling them for $100 maybe at sometime in the future. (which may or may not recoup the cost of feeding the dog/bitch until sold)

During this time, if a player decides to join this rare breed, there are puppies available where there might not be if the original breeder had been FH'ing them. Potentially there could be breeding age dogs and/or bitches also that have been waiting in this kennel to be purchased. This is good for the new breeder as well as good for the breed.

Am I explaining this correctly Elan X?

Edit to add... the only problem would be if Elan X were putting their OWN pups in this kennel to circumvent the rules.

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 2/10/2015 2:13:12 PM
 RockBottomHounds
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2015 3:42:02 PM reply with quote send message to RockBottomHounds Object to Post

posted by Almost Heaven

Edit to add... the only problem would be if Elan X were putting their OWN pups in this kennel to circumvent the rules.

Elan X IS buying puppies from its other kennels namely Salukis and Azawakh from Aesthetics, and Afghans from Elan Khan, surely this IS breaking SD rules?
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2015 4:02:52 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

That did seem to be the case, which was why I commented in the first place:

"I'm using this kennel to sell my own puppies, to earn money to host dog shows. And I thought it would be a good idea to expand! ... I don't have the patient to wait days and weeks for my puppies to be sold- they take space and food in my kennel. That's why I moved my sales to another kennel, where the puppies (and soon to be dogs) can stay for 2-3 months before I FH them."

Moving your puppies from your other kennels to one sales kennel - that's what it sounded like the OP was saying they were doing, and I was trying to explain that's operating as a co-op kennel and a rules violation. I was trying to be both nice, and gentle - perhaps I should have been a bit more straitforward there.

-----
Last edited by BlackFrost on 2/10/2015 4:05:57 PM
 Elan X
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2015 5:50:06 PM reply with quote send message to Elan X Object to Post

Yes almostheaven, that's exactly what I mean.

Blackfrost, I didn't see this. If I breake the rules, I will stop. But I'm not sure if I am, or not. I'm sure an admin can help with that? Or/is it okay if I continue with puppys not from my own kennels?

Rockbottomhounds, yes, Elan Khen, Aesthetics and Maztec is my kennels, and that's where I have gotten my pups from. But thankfully because of this thread (I suppose, must have drawn some attention) I have gotten allot of offers of many breeds from other accounts!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2015 6:45:11 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

If you aren't sure if this is "legal" by SD rules, I'd message admin for their ruling. wink ;)
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2015 11:00:06 AM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Absolutely, when in doubt, just ask Jeff.

I can't see anything illegal in buying up pups people intend to FH for low cost and reselling them a bit higher if you can find a buyer.

That just seems like normal business profit and doesn't seem to be against any specific rules.

The only part I thought you might want to check on is the consolidating your own dogs into one kennel for sales.

But yes, safe is better than sorry, just ask Jeff.

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.