Search

.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Returning player
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/7/2015 4:51:56 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post   

Hi all,

I'm returning after almost (TEN) years away...I was Circling Sky kennels back then and had nearly 100 malamute Champions between my family accounts-nice to see a few still on the all time top dogs list, though they look a little different than I remember! Would like to get started back in the breed with some competitive dogs, so will be checking the for sales regularly but please message me directly if you have something you'd be willing to part with!
Happy to be back and looking forward to working with all of you!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 5:08:21 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wow, and I thought my two year hiatus was long...

Anyway, welcome back! ^^ I'm not sure I remember you, but it's awesome to see one of the breeds founders return. happy :)

Looking forward to working with you as well. happy :) Let me know if you need anything and best of luck with that great boy you bought from me. ^^

Hope you find all the dogs you need to get off to a great start. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Drake Creek Meadows on 1/7/2015 5:14:55 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 5:26:31 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Welcome back!!
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 9:29:06 AM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

Welcome back and good luck for your kennel. I almost always have dogs for sale.
 Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 10:53:54 AM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

Welcome back! It's nice to see so many players returning to mals. You'll find there is a pretty great group of players in the breed now.

If I can help at all please let me know.
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 11:46:06 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Thanks for the welcome all!

Drake, not sure I remember you either-I remember the big breeders when I started were JayD and Lynbir. Will have to go back through some of the old dogs to see what I can remember!

A question for all-when I played before it was considered courtesy to offer a second pick to the stud owner before putting the pups up for sale-is that still a practice, or only if the stud owner asks for it? Also, is it still courtesy to check with the breeder of a dog for first option prior to selling it? Any other unwritten things I need to know that might have changed over the years?

Thanks!
 Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 1:15:33 PM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

I don't think its necessary to offer 2nd pick to the stud owner any longer, unless they ask of course. I still try to ask breeders if they want dogs back I've bought from them, but again a courtesy not mandatory.

Also, be sure to check the judges preferences when entering shows now, some prefer no handers, dogs, bitches,etc.

We have colors now, as you've probably noticed, all the mal colors are present in the game but the 'dark' and seal colors are not up to show sop yet, so if color breeding intrigues you, there are a few of us working on that.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 12:27:19 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Well I joined the breed in 2006 and was in it solidly until 2012 when I left, because my life was falling apart at the time. WR was the top kennel at the time and was the one who helped the most getting started along with BlackDahlia82. You might have already been gone by then though.

Anyway other than what Kianya said, puppies also settle instantly now, there are nice breed pics for all the colors, studs can be set as low as $25, you can offer as low as $1 on a dog, meaning it's possible to give dogs away now. There is a daily log in bonus which gives you $50 extra a day as long as you log on everyday without missing a day. I think that's pretty much it. happy :)
 MindSett Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 10:53:47 PM reply with quote send message to MindSett Meadows Object to Post

Welcome back! I had Malamutes back in 2007 in one of my other kennels, Along with other things you have been told, one more point to add in regards to changes.

When you start showing read the short blurbs on the judges first. Many prefer to have the dog(s)owner handled. Not quite the mad scramble to get a good handler these days.

Payouts ( if you are inclined to spend cash happy :) have to be done 3 days in advance of the show.

OHHH Nationals is a new thing since you left. Jeff sponsors a free owner handler show once a month if you check on the standards page for your breed(s) it shows the date that it is held.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 3:29:14 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Oh yeah, and one more thing:

You can see the handler ratings on the entry page now; off to the right side.

Always try to pick the handler with the lowest number that's available with judges that prefer handlers, regardless of how political it says they are about it, because I've found that that seems to make no difference; higher ranked handlers get more looks.

You'll see better results in shows that way. happy :)
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 7:38:05 PM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated!

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.