Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Announcing GCHs in the breed forums???? is it needed?
 Diamond Point
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/8/2015 8:29:16 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Point Object to Post   

I was looking at some of the breed forums, and found is a lot of harder to look for certain threads which were of importance, due to all the announcement of GCHs. I know I personally never look at those post, and find that they often litter the breed forums. Just wondering if anyone else finds them unnecessary and cumbersome to dig through when looking for something important.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 8:44:01 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

I would prefer the merited dogs be highlighted in those forums.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 12:04:28 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

I feel exactly the same way. It was nice when they first added the grand champs but now the novelty has worn off and many dogs that champ can go on to grand champ with no added effort I see it now as 'yeah so what, the dog carried on showing'. So now breed forums are just full of the announcements.

Id like to see it swapped to merit as suggested above maby as that is a harder thing to get.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/9/2015 12:58:33 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I agree entirely - it was nice when the first GCH were achieved but I think everyone agrees that it is much harder to achieve a Merit award and yet there is no recognition of this (yet) except the notice that goes to the owner.

So, no, I don't believe that every GCH needs to be in the Breed forum. Perhaps, once a month they could all be listed in one posting - all those achieved in the previous month so they are not ignored.

Merit awards happen perhaps 2 or 3 times in a month, maybe, depending on the breed.

I feel a new poll coming on (lol)! [ Done - it's in 'General'. ]

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/9/2015 1:16:00 PM
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 8:56:38 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

Can you show us an example of where a breed is so saturated with GCH posts that it really does cause issues with reading current posts?

99% of the breed forums Ive read over the last few months are simply empty. Mostly GCH posts with just a handful of regular posts over the last year.

Will
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 1:05:43 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post

I wouldn't mind seeing the merit dogs highlighted as that is much harder to accomplish.
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2015 12:14:35 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post

There are some less popular breeds that haven't merit dogs in years! lol If you were to accomplish that now it would be quite an accomplishment happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing