.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Who remembers
 Boksu
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/14/2015 5:35:28 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I haven't posted much for a while... But does someone still remember these 2? happy :)

-----
Last edited by Boksu on 1/14/2015 5:35:56 AM
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2015 12:29:32 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I remember you're beautiful RR. They look great. How are they doing?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2015 4:44:25 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Great to see familiar faces! How are they doing?
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2015 3:12:08 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

I remember you happy :)

Your RRs are stunning!

I have a 16 month old RR and will be welcoming my 2nd RR pup into my life in less than 2 weeks! happy :)

What are your RRs names? happy :)
 Boksu
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2015 4:36:13 PM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

They are both doing great! happy :) Iivar is stunning as always and Inka turned 9 years in August but is still having the time of her life lol She does not look or act 9! They are both going to work with me every day and enjoy their days as the Queen and Prince of a group of dogs... and then go home at night to get spoiled rotten.

Iivar gained his Ch title here only 5 months after arriving to the country and 4 months after his first show. He placed really well in a speciality show last spring, but due to some RL mess I haven't been able to show them since. Inka is not much short from her title so we'll give that a shot as soon as I can. But while they haven't been shown much, Iivar has saved 2 lives as a blood donor to very sick animals - so far with a 100% saving rate laugh :D
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 2:58:36 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Thats fantastic re: blood donatations!

I have my boy listed as a blood doner - but haven't needed his blood just yet happy :)
 Boksu
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 5:23:10 PM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

That's very nice QL happy :) I'm sure even offering is greatly appreciated. That is one of the cons of being a vet's dog - they always have to take the hit first hahaha
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 8:56:36 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Hahaa, yes - vet/vet nurse dogs always seem to have their hands/paws raised first :P

The only downside is the fact that I have to drive 45 mins to get to work - so if I needed to go home to pick my boy up it would be an hour and a half round trip ... which would most likely be too long for the patient waiting for the blood. The better option is to hope that my housemate is home so she can bring him in quicker :P (Or, if the lucky stars are with us, the patient may need blood on a Thursday - in which I always have my boy at work with me) :P
 Boksu
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 4:19:53 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

Yes that's a long wait, would totally depends on the patient.. Sometimes the 2 hour wait would not be too long but might be just inconvenient. But you never know happy :) I'm sure they appreciate all donors that are offered to them.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2015 11:13:36 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Several years ago, my dog developed an autoimmune blood issue. He survived largely due to a blood transfusion from a German Shepherd named Taboo, She belonged to my vet.

Tyler had several good years and no relapses after that. He died in November at 15.5 years of age. I'd certainly list my dogs, if I had any at the moment but I think cockers are too small. I'm forever grateful to Taboo.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.