Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Feed advice please
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/15/2015 12:07:52 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

What happens if a pup on a 'generated' diet ie Puppy 1777 continues to be fed on that after it reaches 14 days?
 Ruby Bloom Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2015 12:16:58 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Bloom Kennel Object to Post

All stats except for obedience will slowly decline. At 14 days, pups should be placed on an adult ration.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2015 4:29:54 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I understand that, but if a premium member creates a food in the ratio 1:7:7:7 do they have to make it clear when they create it that it's only for puppies or could they make a food called adult 1:7:7:7, or just 1:7:7:7, all exactly the same, and feed either to puppies or adults and it achieve the same effect on any age dog?
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2015 7:16:36 PM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post

No mater how you mix your ration. It must be specified whether it is for a puppy or adult. There isn't a formula for all life stages on here.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 3:06:39 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Thankyou.

Although that makes me wonder if there should be - pay more, worry less about changing on day 13 (bear in mind non US players are usually not logged on when the pups change to adults)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 3:09:04 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

This is how the page looks when you create a new ration.

There is no all life stages food.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 1:01:57 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Thanks so much, that's very very helpful.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 1:41:34 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Happy to help
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 4:37:33 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

posted by mournebrake
Thankyou.

Although that makes me wonder if there should be - pay more, worry less about changing on day 13 (bear in mind non US players are usually not logged on when the pups change to adults)

Dogs are fed only once a day, so long as you change them AFTER feeding on the day they are 13 and BEFORE feeding the day they turn 14 you are fine. I think they're generally fed around 8:30am SD time daily- so you have 24 hours from 8:30ish on the 13th day to 8:30 on their 14th day to change it.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 4:28:28 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Lilliput I think you are wrong - I changed a pup's ration after it was fed on day 13 to adult and because it wasn't 14 days old (to the hour that it was born) until AFTER it was fed on day 14 it knocked it's condition back to 19.9 from 20 and now I can't get it back up which is really really annoying.

I think what you mean is leave the pup until it's been fed on day 14 at 8.30 am (sim time) PROVIDING it wasn't born between 00.00 and 8.29am and then switch to adult.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 5:45:42 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

My apologies to Lilliput - I read your post wrongly and yes YOU ARE RIGHT.

Note to myself:

Read every post at least TWICE before responding

So sorry.

ps I tried to delete my post as soon as I reread yours but couldn't.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.