Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Not a glitch but annoying
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/17/2015 4:22:19 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

In the box on source dogs pages that is headed 'Source Dogs' it says the following:
This is a source dog and does not have actual ancesteors.

Please can the spelling be checked and corrected?

Also, surely upcoming litters should be spelt with 1 'm' not 2 as it is currently ie 'upcomming' - it's really annoying

(Or am I being too English?)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/17/2015 1:15:35 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No(lol)!

Good English is becoming a lost art. I know I'm not perfect but I try.

George is taller than Mike.
Not George is taller then Mike.

Mike went to the store then he went to school.

There is my house.
There is their house.
They're going into their house over there.

(There are a number of misspellings and various typos throughout the site - Jeff is sometimes a busy guy and doesn't always proof-read. Many of those have been there for years. We've got used to them)

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/17/2015 1:20:57 PM
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 4:09:58 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

The spelling mistakes may have been there for a long time and the gamers on here accepting of them, however that doesn't mean they shouldn't be pointed out, and corrected as soon as Jeffly possible.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2015 12:33:53 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

They drive me nuts. But I guess it's not high on the list of fixes as they have been there for a long time.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 1:01:03 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

IDK, the "keep me logged in" checkbox being for show drives me far more crazy than the few spelling mistakes.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 1:08:21 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

If Keep Me Logged In could be fixed, I'd forgive all other glitches!!!
 Camp Run-Amok
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 1:16:11 PM reply with quote send message to Camp Run-Amok Object to Post

LMBO... oh yes... the "keep me logged in... NOT" button just drives me crazy lol
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 4:11:31 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Yep - forgot about the non existant 'keep me logged in button' working.......grrrr

I found out the button for obedience under 'shows' on the left just takes you to a 'coming soon' - any chance that could be fixed.....pretty please
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 7:28:25 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

The issue with spelling was brought up over a year ago

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=378870

every comment on that thread is valid - it is unprofessional and tbh should be an easy fix - please can these spelling mistakes be put right?
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 8:52:21 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

The thing about "easy fixes" is people rarely understand what is and isn't an "easy fix" in game code.

Having been both a game dev and a game QA tester for years, I can tell you that sometimes what you think is an "easy cosmetic fix" is hours of work that is a lower priority for the amount of time and testing it will take than things that are actually functionality bugs.

Cosmetic fixes are often put on lower priorities because you can fix something "simple", like wording, and accidentally break something else so that the time for the fix is way longer than allotted.

Not everything that looks simple, is.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2015 2:57:28 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I look simple, and I am lol

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.