Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : SOP?
 Batona Brittanys
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/20/2015 10:30:21 PM reply with quote send message to Batona Brittanys Object to Post   

What the heck is that? I've looked through the Help section and I can't seem to find out what that is. I wanted to play this game when I was much younger but I couldn't figure it out. Now that I'm a college student I still can't really figure it out!
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2015 11:58:09 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Sorry, I gave the wrong section to explain it. SOP is the percentage you see listed on each dog. (ie 92.35 or 98.95) it is a way of evaluating how close to the "perfect dog" a particular dog may be.

The best explanation I can give is from this section in the help section...

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=36

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 1/21/2015 12:03:36 AM
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 12:13:20 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I don't breed Brittany's myself, but from the looks of it, the current SOP for them is 89-90+

As a basic you don't have the time or ability (only 30 days and only 5 adult dogs) to breed up from source dogs to show quality.

You would be better off sending your starter dogs to loving homes (or selling them to established Brittany breeders, they use them to add new blood to their lines or for special color breeding.)

You should look to purchase a show age dog (14 days or older) that you can session (train) and show. Or you could look for a breeding age bitch (30+ days) and breed a litter or two during your 30 days you have a breeding license.

IF you contact a few of the Brittany breeders, (middle of this page Brittany.aspx" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Brittany.aspx ) I am sure they will try and help you out with a bitch or puppy to get you started.

Good luck.

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 1/21/2015 12:14:28 AM
 Batona Brittanys
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2015 1:54:27 PM reply with quote send message to Batona Brittanys Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thank you so much! That was incredibly helpful!

-----
Last edited by Batona Brittanys on 1/21/2015 1:54:51 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.