.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Breed wanted
 Lycaons
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/23/2015 4:47:26 AM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

This is a new kennel for my family account and I'm looking for a breed!

I'd like a breed friendly to newcomers, with reasonably priced studs and dogs for sale. I'd like them to be competitive in the shows, but they don't have to be always winning BIS, but some group placements would be nice.

I don't mind doing a color project on the side if there's a need.

I'm already in Aussies and Borzois, so don't want to do another kennel in those.

Suggestions?

-----
Last edited by Lycaons on 1/23/2015 4:47:45 AM
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2015 7:17:43 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Sealyham Terriers do get groups and BIS. I think there are just three breeders and a couple of basic exhibitors who are all friendly. Tan colour is more popular, then lemon. Black is rarer but can compete. Badger isn't very stable yet but is getting to show standard. Try me, Brynfox or Shelburne3 who would be glad to help.
 Champions-true-kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 8:16:36 AM reply with quote send message to Champions-true-kennel Object to Post

CMD's!

We have some fun colors, almost all studs are 25-50$ with a few exceptions lol and theres usually a few pups for sale regularly.
Theres only a few of us but were all friendly! and we all show when we've got good pups! I just started in the breed about a month ago and I'm hooked already! Plus a perk is that they usually throw big litters so you've got lots to pick from when their born. =)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 9:55:38 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Keeshonds! We are really growing in popularity, I believe currently #14 on the list. We have just hit the 95's so plenty of room for improvement, enough colors, friendly breeders! We have a very active breed forum thread and I'm sure any of us would be willing to help you out if we are able.

If you are interested come check out our thread and see what you think, and maybe post to get a nice dog or two happy :) Hope you consider us
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 11:04:42 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I second keeshonds. Ive been in the breed on and off for about 8 years now. We have one of the few (only perhaps) most active forums. Most studs are $50 and I dont think Ive seen a dog for sale more than $100 in a long time. We are #14 on the breed list, but that seems to be because of how much the breeders there are are showing rather than having a ton of breeders. There are at least 2 majors just about every night. A breeder sponsored specialty tonight has over 30 entries! While we havent cracked the BiS barrier (yet) that I know of, we have had several 2nd in show placements, and take group regularly. Like Spyte said, come check out our thread, and Im sure we can spot you a few nice prospects to get you started.
 Wyndhaven Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 11:17:41 AM reply with quote send message to Wyndhaven Kennels Object to Post

English Springer Spaniels! We get group wins and show placements quite often. It's a very inexpensive breed stud wise too. Good show entries too.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2015 12:44:08 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

Am staffs is pretty active also has a lot of studs and reasonable puppy prices
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 2:50:27 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Keeshonds certainly sound like a perfect fit, just as fellow breeders have mentioned above happy :) They have done a great job of summarizing our breed so there is really no need to elaborate, however please do let me know if you need any help!

Best of luck happy :)

Analeyn
 Grandeur Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2015 10:53:14 PM reply with quote send message to Grandeur Kennels Object to Post

I second Amstaffs I've had kennels previously but its been ages and have just recently started back up and chose Amstaffs (once again haha) Nicely competitive and active with generally good quality dogs and pups for sale that would make great foundation dogs. Plenty of opportunity to play with colour aswell. happy :)
Would love to see another kennel join in
 Lycaons
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2015 4:04:45 AM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I went with Keeshonds, seemed like a good fit!

-----
Last edited by Lycaons on 1/24/2015 4:05:00 AM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler