Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Introducing ' Emmett ' :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/24/2015 11:19:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

So excited to announce the happy arrival of my newest little man:

Introducing ‘Emmett’:

First day home:

He is a 9 week old Rhodesian Ridgeback happy :) I also have a 16 month old RR, ‘Tonks’ (who is the love of my life – total heart dog!). So far Tonks doesn’t really want a bar of Emmett, I think it will take him a few days/weeks to get used to the idea that Emmett is here to stay and that he has to ‘share’ his Mum from now on. There hasn’t been any concerns re: aggression or anything like that. Tonks just avoids the pup like the plague – with only a few nose-sniffs, and play bows happening every now and then.

A pic of Tonks standing in front of his own airbrushed portrait: happy :)

I think it shall be an interesting few weeks until the household gets used to the new addition :P Emmett is very bonded to me already and does the typical RR things such as leaning against me, sitting on people with his bum on their lap whilst he is still standing, putting his foot on top of mine etc :P And he is already a food-a-holic!
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 7:17:33 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

He's adorable!!
I'm sure Tonks will adjust fine, it's gotta be hard to have to start sharing your mom!
Congrats on the new pup happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 10:40:33 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What a handsome boy!

When we got our second Great Dane, she was 12 weeks old and the first was 5 and a half years old. The rescue liked how Charly turned out, so we were given the problem child Lola. laugh :D Charly had a hard time accepting the puppy. I think he thought she was just another dog I was watching and she would be gone soon enough. The longer she stayed the more he accepted she was ours. He was a key player in teaching Lola rules and disciplining her when she was being a butthead. Tonks will come around eventually! happy :)

LOVE that picture of Tonks!
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 3:32:30 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Thanks for the comments guys happy :)

Tonks seems to be getting a little bit better today - he has been play bowing and trying to instigate play with Emmett which is good.

At night when all 3 dogs are trying to sleep on their soft beds in our loungeroom - Emmett seems to annoy Tonks really easily and Tonks growled at him to let him know he was in his personal space. I don't like him growling but I know that that is how he is trying to communicate - and Emmett certainly got the message.

(When the adults go to bed all 3 dogs sleep in their crates). We had mates over last night so the adults were up to 1am ...

We also have a 2 year old Blue Heeler who lives in the same household (my housemates dog).

Had another relatively 'rough' night in terms of getting Emmett to settle in the crate but he went to sleep after about 25mins of crying. I'm not used to having a pup that isn't 'in love' with his crate - as Tonks accepted his crate from day one, as did the Blue Heeler.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 3:32:55 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Oh - yeah - forgot I was in my other kennel,

that was me, Dalkeith lol

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.