Search

.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 3:46:21 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

No problem CS, it’s my pleasure. happy :)

Also, congrats on that gorgeous boy! That’s awesome. happy :) I feel kind of left out though, it seems like I’m one of the only ones who hasn’t gotten a 96% mal yet. razz :p Aw well, I’ll just pretend that those that would have been have 20ss. wink ;)

Huge congrats to you Stanza, for your awesome wins over the past couple of nights with Robbie. Place Group in the SDWC and taking BISS in the national! laugh :D That boy is on a roll! ^^

In other news, just want to report that HWKs Road to Revelation has been retired to the couch tonight, and he goes there as a bronze sire. happy :)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13632089
While modestly notable in shows, he really shined for my kennel as a top producing stud, and I thank HWK heartily for selling me this remarkable boy, and congratulate HWK for his bronze sire merit. happy :) This boy produced two of the top campaigners in the breed; still running, and four of his offspring are GCH. Most went on to be wonderfully productive themselves. Every one of his offspring that were shown finished quickly and did well. He’s been the most influential stud in my kennel with his offspring, and their offspring making up the bulk of my dogs. He has one more litter on the way, a sort of swansong to go out on; just wanted to share. happy :)

Also, I added a new specialty for 5th, so go check it out and enter if you want. happy :)
 SKL Borzoi
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 7:34:34 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Borzoi Object to Post

One of those random things, but loving this new boy... 96.25% happy :)

SKL Shameless
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13912901

CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2015 3:12:26 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats on the pretty boy!

I have this bitch up for sale-9.8 head out of parents with 9.8 heads.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13908547

I'm surprised the numbers for majors did not go up more with all the specialities last month.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2015 4:26:22 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Congrats on that awesome boy SKL, so many gorgeous dogs popping up these days; makes me feel antsy about getting my pups into the ring, before they have to compete against these dogs. razz :p happy :)

That girl is highly tempting CS, but I can't, I just can't, and it's a shame. -.-'

Anyway, I just realized that I did bad math on this months formulaic average... I remembered that I'm not supposed to round that number up like all the other numbers. So it's actually 10.25 an adjustment of .05. Sorry for posting the wrong number guys. -.-'

Also, Icy Conditions Ahead is now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13839658

95.15%/18.5ss 95.9% adjusted SOP, 11.05 for the low price of $25 based on low showshine, but a quality boy all around

Oh and CS, it's because specialties don't affect the numbers for majors; only all-breed shows, and the number of champion dogs entered only has a slight impact, it mostly counts class entries. It seems as though everyone spread their entries enough last month to keep those numbers down. happy :) They're still kind of high for 5pts though, but that's because it's taking champions into account of which the shows are always stuffed with.

-----
Last edited by Drake Creek Meadows on 4/2/2015 4:46:04 AM
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 3:42:46 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

thanks for the info Drake, I just assumed it was total entries for the month. Glad specialities won't crank up the numbers-it's hard enough to get a major these days with so many quality dogs showing!

And my brag for the day-got the grand finished on this boy-95.45 SOP and 19.5 SS!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13770059
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 5:51:48 PM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

The third of my trifecta of 96.00 dogs is now available for stud. The boys are:

"Robbie" GCH ALNJ This Is Just A Dream
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13771956

"Abe" ALNJ Ready, Willing, And Able
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13837403

"Trip" ALNJ Third Times A Charm
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13843392

Abe and Trip are available for only $25 until they achieve their championships, so now is a great time to breed to them.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2015 4:38:41 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats CS! It's always a great feeling to get a GCH, but especially win it's with a dog that also happens to have low showshine, there aren't many of those around. ^^

Also huge congrats on you 2nd in show tonight! laugh :D

Oh and, can't argue with you their, we are starting to average between 9 and 14 entries per show (a lot of those ebntries are champions however, so class dogs would be in a lot of trouble if the point schedule forced them to beat the champions to get a major, but at least there is no shortage of competition. happy :) It makes the results a bit more exciting to look at every night too.

Aw man, you put Trip up and I already bred my open broodie earlier today -.-', I really wanted to breed to him too, but I forgot he was going up soon. Now I'll have to wait; dang it. razz :p

I will definitely be sending a girl or two his way when they become available though, count on it. happy :)

Also Flash Dance is now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13845959

93.9%/15.8ss 96% adjusted SOP, 11.1 for $25 based on low showshine; trait wise he is among the top most dogs ion this site, and boasts strong pedigree. He will only be available for a limited time as I plan to FH him after breeding him a couple of times.
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2015 2:15:54 PM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

Drake, I took a chance with your boy. He pairs up really nice with Mona and she isn't doing much in the ring right now, so we will see how they produce wink ;)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2015 5:43:38 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Mona actually did pretty well at tonights show. happy :)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how the littter turns out. ^^

My biggest hope for Flash is that he doesn't sire litters full of low showshine, because if those traits come through and there's definitely a high chace, because of high strong those same traits are throughout his pedigree; than he has the chance of siring some truely gorgeous pups. ^^

Thanks for chancing him, and I hope you get a great litter, and that you don't get burned by low showshine. happy :)

Also, congrats to all the winners in tonights specialty! Thanks for entering. laugh :D Look out fr another show to go up soon. happy :)
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2015 12:49:39 PM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

OMG I guess, 10pts in one night? LOL

You know that actually happens often to me, a bitch will not be showing well, I will breed her and then she takes off in the ring... I think dogs get the "pregnancy glow" also.
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
4/6/2015 4:51:53 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Congrats to all on the show placements last night!
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
4/6/2015 11:36:02 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

OMG!! Soooooo excited that I didn't even check out all the other 9 puppies from my litter yet! hahaha

My newest Grey & White Girl and first 96 SOP dog!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13926887
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2015 3:54:31 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

I don't doubt in Stanza; seeing that I've noticed the same thing, there could be some truth in that. happy :) Or it could be a coincidence, either way, it's always welcome when things like that happen. ^^ At least you don't have to wait too long to get her back into the ring. happy :)

Congrats Alaskanmist, she's gorgeous! ^^

As for me I am still chasing that elusive 96% or plus pup; have yet to get one, but I remain optimistic. happy :)

Anyway, I’m both a bit sad and a bit content to say that Drake Secret to Success closes the book on an outstanding campaign tonight, taking 2nd in breed in his final show, but strong all the way to the end; he sincerely lived up to his name. happy :)

His accomplishments are as follows:

5x Best in Show winner
1x NBISS
4x BISS
12x specialty placer
38 show placements
68 BIB
1,190 malamutes beaten
18,015 dogs beaten
276 GCH points--making him the number one Malamute for GCH points! ^^
January 2015 SDWC- 4th in Show
February 2015 SDWC - 4th in Group
#1 Mal, #1 all breeds, #1 working January 2015
#1 Mal, #1 all breeds, #2 working February 2015
#3 Mal, #2 all breeds, #1 working March 2015
Career earnings of 5,059

I will truly miss entering this boy in shows, but I couldn't be happier with how well his campaign went, and even though he retires from shows tonight; he does not join his buddies on the couch. He will just hang out in my kennel for a while, starting a new life as a stud; speaking of which his stud fee has been reduced to $50. happy :)

Also, Flash Dance is no longer available at stud, and I have placed Crystalline Tides up for stud:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13851846
95.85%/20, 10.95 gray and white $100. He has a lot of potential, just started showing, but I have no doubt he will finish and GCH.
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2015 2:12:15 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

Congrats for Secret taking the #1 GCH spot, Drake! Was nice being on top for a while. laugh :D
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2015 5:14:34 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats Alaskanmist! Thats a very nice pup!

Congrats on a fabulous career Secret to Success, and Drake for such a successful campaign. Those numbers are incredible!

Wanted to post this 95.9 pup for sale...I have some others up for sale but would love to find this guy a home!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13925435
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2015 5:18:02 PM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Oh and my brag for the day...just hit my 100th homebred Alaskan Malamute champion (between kennels CirclingSky, CS Bauhinia and this one)!
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2015 6:40:00 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Thank you for the congrats on my girl happy :)

I have been reading through the thread and there are so many great achievements happening on a daily basis in this breed.

Soooo.....

I wanted to congratulate everyone for their awesome achievements lately!

Its so great to see Malamutes doing so well a whole laugh :D
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/8/2015 3:54:49 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks Smokejumper, I didn’t think he’d get enough points, but he pulled it off in his last two shows, so that was a nice surprise. Max is still an awesome dog no matter what though. happy :)

Thanks CS ^^, I’m very proud of my boy; now just to see if he can pass that star power on to any of his pups. happy :)

Also, huge congrats on your 100th homebred mal! ^^ Those kinds of milestones never stop being satisfying to reach. happy :)

Thanks Alakanmist, and I agree, seeing all this success in the breed is fantastic. Mals are really popping recently; you guys have seen those entry numbers lately haven’t you? Crazy, but a good kind of crazy. happy :) I was entering tonight; used to consider entering several days in advance once a week a decent pace for doing my show entries, but after tonight I’m starting to rethink that. razz :p

One thing is for sure, it’s never boring. happy :)

Oh and, I added two more specialty shows tonight one for the 12th and one for the 14th, be sure to check them out and enter. happy :)
 Skywalk
Basic User

Basic User
4/8/2015 4:31:18 PM reply with quote send message to Skywalk Object to Post

OMG! 67 Mals currently entered in the specialty on the 10th! That's huge!!
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/8/2015 8:12:21 PM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

Congratulations to everyone!! I had knee surgery Monday and got home today. I have done a little checking on my kennels

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing