Search

.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2015 10:22:14 PM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

Oh and I got a new boy too! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13941383
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2015 11:20:17 PM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

Summerwind??? Are you Kiayna ??? How funny I did not know that.

Very very pretty boy. Darn Robbie is popping out 96 pups for everyone but me... sad :(
 Skywalk
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2015 4:46:15 PM reply with quote send message to Skywalk Object to Post

Hi All,

Just a quick thank you to all those who came out to the show today! 78 entries for a Mal specialty! Way cool!! laugh :D

Congrats to all the winners!!

Look forward to doing it all again next month happy :)

Skywalk
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2015 2:40:04 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks for sponsoring the show Skywalk happy :), I'm glad so many people came out to it, always makes things more interesting. ^^

A late congrats to all the winners of my show too, thanks for entering and I hope to sponsor a couple more soon. happy :)

Also, that boy is gorgeous Kianya. I might use him if a girl tests compatible for him... but 95.85% SOP being nothing to write home about? Man my kennel is looking even more lackluster now. -.-'
 Blainely
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2015 2:31:20 AM reply with quote send message to Blainely Object to Post

Just a little excited about my new girl! She snuck under my radar when I did a quick sop scan before going to the table view to compare all my puppies from the litter and she kept coming up tops with each trait! Couldn't understand why when the highest dog in the litter was 95.8% and she kept getting higher traits LOL finally I clicked on her to see what was going on! Let's just say I had to look twice!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13952015
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2015 5:40:26 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Congrats Blainely, absolutely gorgeous girl! So many beauties coming up in this breed lately. ^^

In other new; I am excited to say that I finally got that elusive 96%+ pup, so stoked about her ^^:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13953727

She's not the best out there, but still very solid.

and Here is the best pup in the litter:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13953722

It's a shame about the showshine, but it won't effect him much, and I can't wait to get both these pups in the ring. laugh :D

Very pleased with this litter; I always knew Trip was special, thanks for putting him up at stud Stanza. ^^

ETA: Oh yeah and Echoes at Midnight is now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13877204
95.8%/20ss, grey and white, $100 10.95. Wholly balanced, wonderful dog with excellent pedigree that has a lot of potential as a sire. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Drake Creek Meadows on 4/17/2015 6:17:42 PM
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2015 4:26:30 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats all on recent wins, especially that Best in Show last night Drake!

Kianya, will definitely keep that in mind in a crunch, appreciate the offer but I'll come up with the fair market value...

And congrats on joining the club Drake! Nice puppies!

I am putting this boy up for stud for a week...9.8 head, 9.6 fore, lower SS but Drake rated as exceptional when he was a pup. $25, will be up for a week or so if anyone wants to take a chance.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13877384
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2015 2:22:57 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks CS, that was a very nice surprise since I didn't expect a BIS under Ester; probably a fluke, but still awesome. ^^

Congrats to you on your recent 2nd in shows too. happy :)

Also, it feels grand to finally be in the club, hopefully it's the beginning of more good luck headed my way. happy :)

Oh and, I will definitely be using that boy, in fact I have just the girl ready to go pay him a visit right now, so thanks for putting him up. happy :) Shame that you won't be showing him though, he really is very nice.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2015 5:39:26 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I hope things line up right! I just had a very nice pup out of 2 low SS parents with high stats otherwise...

Just curious, has anyone gotten a 9.9 in head or size yet?? We've got to be close!!
 Blainely
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2015 5:56:16 PM reply with quote send message to Blainely Object to Post

Congrats Drake on joining the 96 Club laugh :D

I wanted to bring up a few things real quick.

Firstly I have this girl for sale, I have kept here brother a 95.95 pup and sister a 96.15 pup but felt she is good enough to be either shown or breed with if anyone is interested.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13959327

Secondly I got to more girls over 96! can't wait for all of them to hit the ring! only problem will be showing them all to title at one!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13959324
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13959320

Thirdly I was very excited to find this little blue girl within my last lot of litters happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13959319

Finally to answer CS at this stage the best heads I am getting right now are 9.8 but I recently go this boy with a 10.2

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13932159

Hope everyone is having a great week!
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2015 6:35:36 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Congrats to all the winners that the specialty today and special congrats to Rosa Nera for taking yet another BISS well done!!
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2015 1:51:06 AM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

I have this boy up for sale, I think he could be nice to show or breed

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13964045
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2015 2:30:34 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks, it's good to be with the group again. happy :) Also congrats on your new over 96% pups! ^^ I still like the first one you posted the best though. wink ;)

CS, I have yet to see a mal with a 9.9 in any trait, but it will be exciting to see someone make that milestone! happy :) As of now 9.8 size and head especially are still rare, and worthy of note.

Oh and, congrats on you 10.2 as well Blainely happy :) Those high range head traits are even rarer, and your's is the first dog I've seen over 10.3 for head. happy :)
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2015 5:03:22 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

Thanks Alaska. happy :)

Congrats Drake... I am so glad you finally got your 96 pup!

And look at all these pretty pups popping up!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I spent 4 days in Vegas celebrating my oldest daughters B-day (she lives there) and hugging 2 of my grandsons. And another day recouping from the trip! It was a glorious time and my husband and I even got to have a "date night" out on Freemont Street! (We have 24 year old daughter with Down Syndrome so we don't get many date nights now that her sisters live away from us)

Anyway, I need to get caught up with my kennels now and get some show entries in.

Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2015 2:13:11 AM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Got my first homebred champion since coming back to the game and it was a double!! both my boys finished on the same day laugh :D

CH Alaskanmist Cool Nights
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13839070

CH Alaskanmist Scarab Beetle
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13867228

So happy with my boys laugh :D
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2015 2:25:31 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks Stanza, hoping my luck has turned around. happy :)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. happy :) I’ve been to Vegas once, and it is an amazing place; definitely worth visiting at least once, but I’m more of an outdoor adventure kind of person, so I haven’t felt the need to go back. I guess if your daughter lives there you must get out there a lot; it’d be awesome to celebrate a birthday there, no shortage of venues to host it at. happy :) Anyway, no need to apologize as real life should always come first, it’s more important by miles.

Congrats Alaskanmist; hopefully the first two of many to come! ^^

Also, just realized that Oracle Sea overtook Secret to Success in GCH points to become the #1 malamute, and he’s still climbing, wonder how much further he will go? happy :)

Would anyone be interested in giving either of these adult bitches a home?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13901458
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13923392

I’m in the process of making cuts right now, hate to be doing it too as these are POLs and exceptional dogs. I’d really like them to be shown since I would show them myself if I kept them.

Oh and, Solar Polaris is now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13888779
95.65%/20ss, grey and white, $100 11.05. I have this guy marked down as having a long experience curve, which he will pass on to his pups. He is a balanced dog with an all champion, GCH pedigree save for one dog. Don’t let his SOP fool you, he’s one of the best dogs I’ve got coming up currently and should prove it once he hits that long stride.
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 6:18:31 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Soooooo excited!! Got a new boy today laugh :D eek!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13968405
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2015 5:06:45 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats All on recent accomplishments-so many going on right now!

And I was excited to get a 10.2 in gait on this nice pup!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13969615

Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 2:35:46 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats again Alaskanmist; just can't congratulate you enough times for that boy--no one will stand a chance when he hits the ring.

Congrats on your gorgeous pup too CS! That is the first dog I've seen with a gait that nice, so I do believe you are the record holder. ^^

In other news; today I got my very first home bred merit dog since returning with For the Win going Bronze Dam. happy :)

Icy Conditions Ahead just finished his championship tonight:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13839658
Making him the dog with the lowest showshine I have ever finished. happy :)

Also, is Euphoric Delirium now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13896006
95.15%/96.1% adjusted SOP 18ss, blue and white, $50 11.15. He's a bit more expensive than I'd put other dogs with showshine as low as his, but I deem that he is worth it as low showshine is his only flaw.

Oh and, I must apologize for not getting any specialty shows up lately, but I've been operating under my safety line and can't seem to get back over it, because of much lower show returns lately, so it might be awhile before I have the capital for it. Sorry all, wish it was otherwise, but it take a lot of money to run this kennel.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2015 3:09:06 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

It's the end of the month, so I recalculated the breed average and here are the new numbers for this month:

Head: 9.7 +0
FQ: 9.4 +0
HQ: 9.1 +0
Gait: 10.4 +0
Tnb: 9.0 +1
Coat: 9.5 +0
Size: 9.7 +0
Temp: 9.5 +0
Feet: 9.5 +0

Only Tnb improved this month, so the formulaic average remains at 10.25. The breed seems to be stagnating a bit, but these averages are still impressive. happy :)

Keep in mind that theses numbers are rounded up, so there has been minuscule improvement in every trait, and any improvement is good improvement. I'd be more concerned to see ground being lost.

Anyway, what's going on guys? Anything interesting happening at your kennels lately? It's been very quite here lately, and I miss the conversation.

I don't have anything to report personally other than this update, but I always enjoy chatting with you guys. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.