SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 11:27:26 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

Specialty added on the 12th!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 3:16:28 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

This thread is back guys happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 6:11:11 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

yay!!! Thanks Jeff!!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 3:40:02 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

It's the end of the month, and you know what that means: time to recalculate the breed average. happy :)

Here are the new numbers for this month:

Head: 9.7 +0
FQ: 9.4 +0
HQ: 9.1 +0
Gait: 10.4 +0
Tnb: 9.1 +1
Coat: 9.6 +1
Size: 9.7 +0
Temp: 9.5 +0
Feet: 9.5 +0

Only tnb and coat improved this month, and the formulaic average now graduates to 10.3.

Of course these numbers are rounded up and down, this is what reflects the real and tiny changes that took place over the month:

Last month:

Head: 9.67
FQ: 9.38
HQ: 9.10
Gait: 10.40
Tnb: 8.97
Coat: 9.54
Size: 9.73
Temp: 9.48
Feet: 9.46

This month:

Head: 9.67
FQ: 9.36
HQ: 9.07
Gait: 10.38
Tnb: 9.05
Coat: 9.57
Size: 9.74
Temp: 9.52
Feet: 9.46

As you can see from these raw numbers, some traits have actually fallen a bit, but not enough to effect anything. Still not good though.

Overall however, this breed is moving forward at a great pace. happy :) Keep up the good work all. ^^

The ring average is 95.75% and the new lowest finishable SOP should reasonably be adjusted to 95.55%. A dog with all these traits would be 95.95, but that is not an average.
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 3:49:10 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

A dog with all these traits would be 95.95, but that is not an average.
This doesn't seem right?
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 3:51:46 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Why?
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 4:00:58 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

The ring average is 95.75 but a dog with all the top traits only comes to 95.95?

You know what? Nevermind... it is 2am and my brain isn't working. lol
I thought this was the list for top not average. lol

Sorry Drake.

-----
Last edited by Rosa Nera on 5/31/2015 4:06:37 AM

-----
Last edited by Rosa Nera on 5/31/2015 4:07:46 AM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 4:07:12 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Those aren't the top traits, they are the average traits. However, the average traits together do not equal an average dog, since this is all the traits of every dog on the current top dog list averaged together. Most dogs have at least a few traits below the average, in some case a trait that's quite a bit under average or a couple above. To get the ring average I do the same thing, I take all the dogs in the rings SOPs and average them together to get the ring average, and divide against that to get what should be the SOP that would be the lowest reasonable to finish a dog at.

Hope that clears it up. happy :)

Edit: oops, saw that you edited your post after writing this. razz :p It's alright Stanza, we all have moments like that. No worries. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Drake Creek Meadows on 5/31/2015 4:09:45 AM
 Blainely
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 11:13:26 PM reply with quote send message to Blainely Object to Post

I have this boy up for sale if anyone has some space for him?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14060506
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 4:52:37 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Congrats to the puppy wins at the National Specialty last night!!!

And thanks as always for posting the trait average Drake!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 6:15:45 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Yes, I concur CS, that was awesome. happy :) Also, no problem; anything to help the community.^^
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 7:58:46 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

I have been a little absent lately and a playing catch up. Congrats to all the awesome show results and puppies that have been bred lately!!

On a side note I have decided that since it is my birthday this month I am going to celebrate but making all my stud dogs $50 for the month of June! hopefully they will be able to contribute to peoples breeding programs well laugh :D
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 11:02:56 PM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

CirclingSky thanks. I knew that little girl was special when I saw her in the whelping box and have been anxious to show her. I was so surprised to see the Nationals results. I was hoping for WB but never expected BOS from the puppy class. And she isn't even fully sessioned yet!

That is very sweet Alaskanmist. I hope I will be able to visit your boys sometime this month.

Drake Creek Meadows, sorry I haven't been around much. I dropped my laptop and lost the left half of my screen. I am using a smart phone and sometimes I am using the laptop by shrinking the windows down to fit only on the right side LMBO! My new laptop should be coming sometime this week I hope! "Dude, I am getting a Dell!" HAHAHA

Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2015 2:49:00 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Alaskanmist, this is my birthday month as well, always good to meet a fellow Gemini. happy :) Thanks for lowering stud fees that is very generous of you. If I'm looking at outside studs I'll be sure to check into yours first. happy :) As for me, I'm not going to be around much this month, so I don't know if I'll do anything special or not.

Stanza, tis fine, I haven't been around much either, been a very busy month for me, I've been out with the horses more than ever. Congrats on your new computer by the way. I'm not really a fan of laptops or Dells, but getting a new computer is always great. happy :) Sorry about your other one breaking though, it sucks when that happens.
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 2:17:53 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

GCH This Is Just A Dream just turned 120 days old. I am going to miss showing Robbie but I have to say it has been an amazing ride!

He finishes his show career with 42 Best of Breed Wins, 10 Group placements including a BIG that went on to be a Second In Show, 20 Speciality placements including 10 BISS and 1 BINSS and 237 GCH pts which will make him a Silver GCH when they are added to the game. He also earned Bronze Merit sire for producing 10 CH and GCH offspring.

Robbie will be neutered and remain here at Rosa Nera in doggie luxury.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2015 9:10:41 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats to Robbie and an excellent career! Hope he enjoys his couch!

Just put Raven up for stud-for those who are interested!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13998501
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2015 3:15:37 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats on an amazing campaign with Robbie Stanza! laugh :D I've enjoyed watching his progress in the ring; truly one of the greats. ^^ You forgot to mention one of his best achievements though; he made it to #39 in the all-time malamute list, a list that practically no modern dog has even touched in years, and he made it further up that list than any modern dog to boot! Congrats on getting a bronze merit on him as well. happy :) What's cool is that a few of his pups have campaigned quite well themselves. happy :)

CS, I'm definitely interested ^^, and happen to have a couple girls ready to breed, I shall be checking to see if either are compatible with him. happy :)
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2015 7:39:08 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 x 96 girls for sale if anyone is looking for a new girl.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14074818

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14074817
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2015 10:47:36 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

I'd love to Alaskanmist, but unfortunately no space -.-' this has been a perpetual problem at my kennel; makes me miss out on awesome pups all the time.

Anyways, Drakes Flash Anthem is now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14010432

95.2%/96.45% adjusted SOP , Gray and white, $50 11.55. He will only be available for a limited time as I'm going to be FHing him next week for the space; at this price this boy absolutely should not be missed! At 11.55 he is the highest rated dog I have run to date. He has tins of potential as a stud; he is an awesome dog. ^^

I bred him to my other supreme, but low showshine 11.5 rated girl Drakes Timeless:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14012071

Probably not a good idea considering it's a very low showshine to low showshine breeding, but it was just too tempting a breeding to pass up. I'm very curios to see how it turns out! happy :) Hope the entire thing is plagued by low showshine. :/ Although since showshine is RNG based I'm certain it won't be that bad, although I could definitely see pups with show shin as low as 12 popping up. It should be a fun experiment regardless though. happy :)

In other news, Over the Moon's stud fee has been reduced to $50, Weathering the Storm's stud fee has been reduced to $25, and Drakes Lightning Spires has been added at a budget sum of $25.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2015 6:59:46 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Good luck with the litter Drake-I hope all the stars line up for at least one pup! Though very curious to see how low the lowest SS is-keep us posted if you don't mind!

Also, just put Night Sleight up for stud. He has a 9.4 TNB if anyone is interested.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14012490

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler