.com Forum · Australian Cattle Dog

Replies in this thread : 145
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : ACD Community Thread
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/11/2015 9:16:55 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post   

This is a little thing that I’m starting to attempt to wake this forum up a bit, and stir up some more communication within the breed. happy :) Hope it works.

This is basically a thread designed to get everyone talking. Chime in about your accomplishments, post your brags, and advertise studs and sales, talk about color breeding, post your progress, discuss traits and trait breeding, request things, whatever you like; anything goes here… For that matter it doesn’t even necessarily need to be breed related discussion, you can go off-topic if you want as long as you don’t hijack this post with it.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 6:59:06 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Well, I guess I'll start...

Highest SOP I have so far is 92.75 (not of my own breeding either as I've just started), and I'm just waiting at this point for my dogs to reach 30 days so I can breed.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13766629

I'm working on source breeding my own line as I wait for my other ACDs to come of breeding age.

My source girls:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13784355 (9.65)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13784357 (8.6)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13784409 (14.65)

Also will probably be working on some color breeding, as I'm seeming to find a lot of red speckled with black hairs, but very few red speckleds and I'd like to continue an increase in blues as well.

-Audrey
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2015 8:04:27 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Feeling pretty optimistic as I had my first two source dog litters this evening. Pretty happy with the numbers once I culled out the low ones. Time to wait the thirty days til I can breed them. Might do a repeat breeding of the females in five days...

In other news, Lanakila Meet N Greet will be of showing age on Sunday and I'm very excited. Crossing my fingers for some majors!

Don't be a stranger, guys! I'd love to hear about your kennels.

-Audrey

-----
Last edited by CountryStrong Kennels on 2/13/2015 8:05:15 PM
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 8:26:53 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Bump
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2015 6:01:21 PM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

I just recently started out in ACDs. I have two females that I am sessioning and waiting to breed at 30 days. They are both from Lanakila breedings.I have one blue bitch at 92 SOP and a red speckled with black hairs bitch at 92.45 SOP. I'm looking into color breeding and am hoping to get my own source breeding done from these two.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2015 10:14:02 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Regenhaus, welcome to the breed!

I just noticed I'm #3 in ACDs now which is pretty exciting considering I just started. Also, Lanakila Meet N Greet is only a point away from becoming a champion which has me psyched.

It's been slow going in this breed for me as only my source dogs are of breeding age, so I've been working on that line and my malamutes in the meantime.

In about a week I'll have Lanakila Meet N Greet up for stud and shortly following that I'll be able to start up a few more litters! Fingers crossed for pretty numbers!

-Audrey
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2015 8:06:16 PM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Congrats!! Hope he gets the points he needs. Both of my bitches are finally sessioned enough to show. So far Regenhaus Shattered Impression is doing the best. She placed Reserve Winners Bitch on her first show. Hoping for great results from these ladies. I recently bred her to CH HR True North. Hoping for some great puppies out of this litter!

-Tia
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2015 10:48:29 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

I'm happy to report that CH Lanakila Meet N Greet has earned his champion title and will be up for stud around 12:30 SD time today!

CountryStrong Strawberry Wine also got her very first major today so I'm very excited about that as well.

-Audrey
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2015 6:07:36 PM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Congrats!!
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2015 9:10:36 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

CH CountryStrong Strawberry Wine has finished her championship!

Also, I now have three litters due on the 12th. CH CountryStrong Strawberry Wine was bred to CH HR True North. Lanakila ParadiseFound was bred to CH Lanakila Meet N Greet. CountryStrong Just A Dream was bred to CH HR Stargo. Looking forward to these litters! happy :)

-Audrey

-----
Last edited by CountryStrong Kennels on 3/7/2015 2:17:04 PM
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2015 12:21:23 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

I have another litter due on the 14th. HR CountryStrong was bred to CH Lanakila Meet N Greet.

Also, if all goes according to plan CountryStrong Heart of Dixie will finish her championship in the morning. All she needs is two more measly points! Fingers crossed.

-Audrey
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2015 12:58:23 PM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Hope they get their few points soon Audrey! I just had a litter born yesterday out of CH Lanakila Buried Treasure and Regenhaus Ancient Dream. There were 4 pups and they have had the highest SOP of ACD pups I've whelped so far. There are 3 bitches and 1 dog; 3 red speckled with black hair and one blue.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2015 1:25:19 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Tia, I was extremely impressed with that litter you just whelped! I can only hope I have that good of litters. I can only assume you want that boy for showing and stud, let me know which ones you don't intend to keep though cause I may be interested.

I'm also considering abandoning my source dog project in order to make more room in my kennel, but at the same time I'm not sure.

-Audrey
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 9:30:17 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Was very happy with my first new litter out of Lanakila ParadiseFound and CH Lanakila Meet N Greet with the POL sitting at a whopping 93.05 SOP. Some of his siblings are now for sale.

CountryStrong Boys of Fall (91.55/92.8 adj sop)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13863212

CountryStrong Out Last Night (92.6 sop)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13863208

Unnamed Puppy (92.55 sop)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13863210

There will be there more litters scattered throughout the day today, so there will hopefully be several more promising prospects up for sale throughout the day as well.

-----
Last edited by CountryStrong Kennels on 3/12/2015 10:31:21 PM
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 10:14:38 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Several quality pups up for sale, my upcoming litters are Saturday and next Tuesday.

-Audrey
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2015 7:03:00 AM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Thank you and just got your message about your pup. I would love to buy him. I honestly just don't have the money right now. I also need to get rid of a few dogs. Thank you though Audrey and congrats on your new litters!!
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2015 8:42:59 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Offer what you can afford and I'd be more than happy to sell him to you.
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/14/2015 7:07:39 AM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

So happy! My bitch Regenhaus Shattered Impression received her first point today!!
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/14/2015 10:16:38 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Yay! I'm happy for you!

I'm trying to get Lanakila Meet N Greet to be a grandchampion... might take a little but I'm more than halfway there so I'm happy.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2015 3:18:05 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Added a specialty on March 20th through my other account. Encouraging all who can to enter!
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/22/2015 7:39:52 AM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Just wanted to report that my bitch Regenhaus Shattered Impression now has eight points and is only a handful of points from receiving her championship. Also my bitch Regenhaus Ancient Dream has earned two points and my young boy, Regenhaus King Of The North, is also doing well. He has received four points. Thank you for the young bitch, Audrey! I will be sessioning her now and hopefully I will be able to breed her to the Heather Rose pup I just bought eventually! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 145
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.