Search

.com Forum · Australian Cattle Dog

Replies in this thread : 145
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Lanakila ACDs
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2015 6:55:28 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila ACDs Object to Post

Ok....I just have to ask....WHY is everyone entering huge numbers of dogs and bitches into shows? You do realize that when you enter enough class dogs and bitches into a show every night to make a 5 point major, that it is just going to bump up our points schedule, right? I'm not sure why anyone would want to enter the huge numbers of specials into one show that have been popping up lately, unless it is to put a certain dog into the top of the rankings? I've been doing this a loooong time, and just have never seen entries being done this way......
 Lanakila ACDs
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2015 7:05:39 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila ACDs Object to Post

Like tomorrow under Alexander Crossland--27 entered??? What is the point of that? All of the ones entered owner-handled......you are basically throwing your money away.....
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2015 7:55:50 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Lanakila, I've been noticing that too, most of my dogs are evenly distributed throughout a couple shows tomorrow simply for that reason. It's great to bring up to everyone's attention for those with less experience and welcome to the thread.
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2015 6:21:13 AM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

If I have the money, I session anything I think might have a chance - that being said, I don't continue to show if they seem to be struggling much at all. I'll do their entries through as much of the page as I can (at the bottom, maybe not as much because I'd rather not have a crappy handler). On Sundays I check and if they are struggling to get any points, males post for sale and females go to broods. Their entries might not be done but I'll stop adding more entries - so I may have entry booms about two weeks after a puppy boom. I did notice I've gotten dinged a few times in the last few dats with excessive handler fees so I'm only going to be doing entries on Sundays and only through the next Sunday so more shows are available for me to space them out in. As far as just stacking in general without picking handlers, I have no clue. I just joined a smaller breed where there's only 7 or 8 breeders total and only half show - they put 30 (yes thirty) dogs in one show without picking handlers for any of them. No other entries in the other shows. On top of that, the dogs aren't even sessioned (except for show obedience, which they session to maybe 14 and do entries). I don't understand THAT at all.
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2015 6:18:52 AM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

I just posted some nice pups for sale, including a 93 stud pup. I just don't really like his coat and feet and would never use him in my breeding program. Also for sale is a pretty nice female. I just have too many right now happy :)

Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 11:39:18 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I've added a speciality for ACDs on the 21st on June, and I might sponser an all breed in a few days from another account to help spread the number of dogs around.
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2015 11:43:17 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

The post above was me, but I timed out
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 11:44:28 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Thanks bryerwood! You rock! happy :)
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 4:57:55 PM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

I just put 3 new 93+ studs up today - and I'm expecting a huge amount of puppies in 5 days wink ;)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 2:35:16 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Jess, I wish I had seen this before I bred all my available bitches... I want to use Country Boy so badly! Lol
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 7:50:09 AM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

Honestly I bred to the GCh a lot more than Country Boy - he's been performing a lot better in shows. I have 9 litters on the way so I'll update and tell you who performed better.
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2015 6:19:25 AM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

Today's forecast is in - it is going to rain puppies. 7 litters in 3 hours and 2 more this evening happy :)
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
6/3/2015 8:43:06 AM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

I have 23 dogs posted for sale right now... N I have one more litter due in an hour. There are some finishable male puppies n some great brood pups. I'll let you guys have first dibs n tomorrow I'll make a post in the for sale forum. Yaaaay puppies!
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 6:40:18 AM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

I FH at 5 days but I'm leaving four more puppies for sale until this evening. There are still three 92.8s and one 92.95 for sale happy :)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2015 9:15:37 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

CountryStrong Strawberry Wine received her Bronze Merit Dam Title today, I'm over the moon with excitement!
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2015 8:19:45 PM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Congrats!! So happy for you!
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 7:59:31 PM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

*poke*
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 9:47:11 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

I feel so bad.letting this thread go inactive! Work has been crazy the last month and though I've been able to log in daily I haven't had much time to troll the forums.
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2015 9:03:06 PM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

I know how it is lol

I just put a handful of older broods for sale - I'm sitting at 29 countable dogs so I will have to FH pretty soon.
 star_eyed_filly
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2015 9:38:52 PM reply with quote send message to star_eyed_filly Object to Post

Going on vacation in 2 weeks - won't have any internet connection at all and I'm turning my 5 kennels over to twin 13 year old girls. This is terrifying lol

Replies in this thread : 145
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class