Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Unable to choose judge for shows?
 Nephesh Love
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/22/2015 10:42:18 AM reply with quote send message to Nephesh Love Object to Post   

Hey all,

I went to sponsor a show this morning, but found I was unable to choose the judge? I've only been sponsoring non-handler specialties of late, and this has been my first attempt at sponsoring an all breed show for a while. Has this changed? Would this explain why there are so fewer owner handler judges judging shows now?
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 1:15:27 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

People were unhappy with someone sponsoring too many owner handler shows. So they voted and the popular feedback was to take away judge choices.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/22/2015 8:31:48 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Personally I thought it was more an issue with the same four judges doing all the shows.

I think we need a greater percentaage of owner judges. There are too few of them and they always seem to end up on $20 shows.

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 9:33:15 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I agree that we need a higher percentage of owner/handler judges. Maybe weight it a little higher when new judges are created to be added to the roster so it comes up more often.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 12:23:22 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I disagree- owner handlers are fun, and make a nice treat. But we don't need them all the time or often. For years, the only owner-handler show was the SDWC. I think the current percentages are fine. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and too many owner handlers mean people play with much less skill.
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 8:52:57 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Glad to hear the abuse of that feature was put to an end. It had a practical usefulness and was a decent perk but it was quite unbalanced.

And I agree - handler shows are necessary for the overall game experience. OH judges have their own biases anyway...

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.