Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Feeding high quality food to session faster
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/26/2015 12:48:46 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post   

Hi all,

I know some dogs session faster than others but I'm wondering if there is a better formula than 1777 for sessioning puppies.
Private messages welcome if you aren't wanting to make this public.

Cheers
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2015 12:57:04 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I've been wanting to try out a 7777 v 1777 on two puppies ... I just need to have enough sessions to start two puppies at once. laugh :D
 airblu
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2015 9:17:07 AM reply with quote send message to airblu Object to Post

I don't think increasing the 1 would make any difference, except to the price. For some reason, that aspect isn't part of the game.
 Calming Waters
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/8/2015 8:57:05 AM reply with quote send message to Calming Waters Object to Post

I have tried it a long time ago. 7777 gives you between .1-.2 increase in condition. This may have changed since last I tried. I still keep mine on 1777 because condition does not rise as fast as some of the other traits. Again, this is the case in my breed.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/8/2015 10:07:44 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

On 1777 in my breed, Condition is the first one to hit 20. It does in fact hit 20 around day 13. I use this to tell me when to change to adult - when it say 20 today and 20 yesterday, providing Jeff did not forget to feed them at any point.

If Meds does in fact speed Condition it's really quite irrelevant. Muscle and Training are the laggards, especially training.

This thread sort of ties in to this one:
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=386889

Now this I should really add to the above post but I'm just wondering if we should consider a change to allow 3 sessions per dog but on any factor - ie - you could train 2 times and exercise 1. This thought comes from the fact that coat and muscle are partially dependent on food and at a certain point they continue to rise without sessioning. The extra sessions could be used to train.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.